Jump to content
Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Mike621

Anyone Planning on going to Carlisle this year?

Recommended Posts

I know it may be early for some, but I was wondering if there were any members here interested in going to Carlisle this year. I may try to get a group together, depending on interest.

 

 

I know some of you from last year do not want to go back, but maybe there are some people in the Tri State area that would be interested in a couple nights of camping and a car show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"

Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals

May 21 - May 23, 2010

 

Adult Admission: Fr.-Sa. $8 /Sun. $5

Child Admission: 8 and under - FREE

Gate Times: Th.-Sa. 7am-6pm / Sun. 7am-3pm

 

 

The Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals showcases euro-classics to import sports cars and attracts all genres of attendees. Coupled with the largest kit car gathering in the nation, this event provides spectators with a multitude of activities for car clubs and families alike.

 

Online showfield registration is now available for the 2010 Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals. If you'd prefer, registration is also available by calling our office at 717.243.7855 or you can register by mail by using our registration form. Please note: refunds will not be issued less than 19 days prior to the beginning of the event."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am up for a maybe.. depends on talking with the crew..and if my coupe is ready...not going to bring my Impreza down again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If things work out I'm going to have something VERY VERY Special to me - not previously owned by myself - there. :grin: I'm pretty sure you'll all consider it VERY special too. :eek:

 

Third Weekend in May EVERY YEAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just curious what could have made it better for you?

 

1. A better turnout.

2. Security not kicking people out before I even got there.

 

 

Plus honestly besides our Subarus, a few older Hondas and the random old english car, there really wasn't much else to see or do that interested me. Hundreds of Volvos, Saabs, Bmw's, Audis Mercedes etc was boring and the owners of said vehicles were generally speaking snobbish a-holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there will be a Carlisle this year. I was going to start a post about Feb 1st about it. I just got the stuff sent to me for the club registration and all that jazz. I also plan on making a phone call too in the very near future and discussing some stuff about last year just to make our posisition clear with them.

 

Start planning...I already requested the days off.

 

Hopefully my SVX will be STICK by then but who the hell knows.... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of now im a maybe. I didnt go last year because i

 

A: didnt have money

B: sedan was in crappy shape

C: didnt have the time/energy

 

This year i have a new job and a "new" car so there is more chance of me making it as long as a i have a copilot for that long haul. Hey connie u should get the coupe buttoned up for some coupe next to coupe pictures!! Theres the incentive right there. 4 month countdown!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*sigh*

 

I dont wanna make a big deal about it, but I believe that Darlingchip and I will be attending this year. It is the only time we get to see some of our good friends.

 

After last year, we'd rather just pay for one car, and have a good time amongst ourselves.

 

... and NOT camp. :-\

 

Honestly, Id have just as much fun if we all met in the Autozone parking lot for the day.

 

+1 on what Subaru360 said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh I wnated to add that: NO UNNESSARY SPOT BUYING THIS YEAR. I think we have enough for a tent b/c of last years numbers but if not we will find an alternative source of shade (EZ ups etc) and figure it out from there.

 

I do want to stress that people who buy a spot to use the club name "ULTIMATE SUBARU"

 

I will call them soon and get the low down on all this. :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I agree with there being way too many NEW or late model yuppie-mobiles. I live in Fairfield County CT so I deal with these folks constantly.

 

We have our corner , our spot to meet and cook,share food,stories,and make fun of all the losers who really are there to be seen there by each other :rolleyes: .

 

But I'm not driving all that way to meet in the Autozone parking lot,sorry.

 

Personally I'm getting slightly interested in the kit car thing. I don't see it happening for me anytime too soon but maybe within a handful of years.

 

I'll add more later. Much too beaten up after the 90 mile drive thru the most wicked arse rain/windstorm I've seen in years.

 

And I have one or two of those tent/canopy/whatever you want to call them things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess i should have added after reading what John said that the main reason i go IS to see all you but i get to see most if not all of you at Connies summer bbq...dont have to drive 5 hours to do it...and from what i heard about the Carlisle staff from last year :-\ dont have to deal with that junk. Ill still probably make the drive and not sure where i was going with this post so....next post...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to wait before making me mind up.. I am planning on looking at something in the next few days.. and if the price is right and I can swing it.. I may be heading away from the Vintage Subaru thing... Dont know yet. ( Looking at a restored Datsun 280ZX.. one of my original dream cars) Plus I cant commit to anything since who knows if the coupe will be anywhere close to finished.. I dont have the time to deal with it honestly.. its sitting in pieces and on 3 flat tires.. need trim clips and such to even put it back together right.. its stripped of pin-striping and all..was trying to get it ready to go out for paint and bodywork. 4 months is not enough time to come up with the money ..or the time to have it ready.

Edited by Bucky92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could still bring a Z car to Carlisle.

 

If everyone else is going to give it another shot, maybe I will go again.

 

I sold my wrx wagon and am building a new car for myself. 95 Impreza coupe with 95 jdm wrx swap. The WRX was fun, but it was just too nice for me, I was constantly worrying about something happening to it. I like sorta beater cars more. I'll be able to screw around with this without being paranoid.

 

I still have the 360 don't worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...I was NOT serious Paul! C'mon! :lol:

 

 

:lol: ok thanks for clarifying :lol: You know what I meant. Hate to see you in an Autozone anywhere. Pepboys,now that's different. :grin:

 

I could care less about turnout by our group or any yuppie turkeyasses. Of course everyone will take that the wrong way and cry so let me explain. It's really nice to meet up with you guys but it's a Car Show first and foremost. We use that as a place to meet and that's a nice addition. :)

 

First year we went it was Wagon78 and I - nobody else in a Subaru. Still enjoyed talking with owners of many different makes. After a couple years of a handful or less of us meeting up we finally started a post that actually caught on and we began to have our East Coast Meet there. Toughed it during the whole "subarubratdotcom" Scott thing and his banners for Bush/Cheney (no puking emoticon here? , damn! ).

 

Skip and the go-kart ,that was fun! Lots of great moments and a few we'd just turn the page on :grin:

 

I've skipped a year or more at times. Not a bad idea to take a break if it's going to annoy you being there. Very understandable.

 

For us its a combo thing. My son and I will also hit the Barrens or if its back again we'll hit the reptile/amphibian show at the Civic Center across the street.

 

Hopefully I'll have something really sweet there and something to go in the woods with. Need that 2nd driver. We'll see. And maybe you'll see too. :)

 

This year could be pretty cool. Hate to play the "secret ride" thing like the west coast guys do but I don't want people counting my chickens before they hatch either. And if I can talk them into it Andrew would bring something that's extremely rare and Charlie can have his nearly restored rustfree '79 FE there too. Cheers! Add in some other CT folks and there's a good crowd of nonsnotty CT Yankee New Englanders. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I've scheduled the time off to make the trip out there if I decide to go. If I do end up going, there's about a 25% chance I'll drive my 84 wagon and a 75% chance I go soft and take my new Impreza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear that there are others who are interested/planning on going.

 

I plan to be there in my Claret SVX with another new engine :rolleyes: and a 5 speed conversion, among other things. I am planning on camping at least one night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×