Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat 5Lug?

Do a search on what S'ko did on his BRAT. Pretty sure he had EA-82 crossmember under the front for PS, also had the 5-lug swap on it.

And just doing the 4-lug rear disc conversion will greatly improve the stopping power over the drum brakes. A plus for running bigger tires.

i'll search about S'ko's Brat, thanks for the suggestion.

i have rear discs on the Brat right now and i'm not satisfied with the brake performance. it still requires too much pedal force and now you have to be extra careful to prevent locking up the back end in sudden stops or low traction situations.

i'll search about S'ko's Brat, thanks for the suggestion.

i have rear discs on the Brat right now and i'm not satisfied with the brake performance. it still requires too much pedal force and now you have to be extra careful to prevent locking up the back end in sudden stops or low traction situations.

Pedal force sounds like the brake booster might not be doing its job or you still have air in the lines. Mushy pedal.

As for the rears locking up you need adjustable proportioning valves to turn the rear brakes down a bit. Drum brakes use considerably more pressure than disks to work so the stock setup is putting tons of pressure to those disks. I had to do the adjustable valves on my sedan (and now coupe) because of this problem. Its downright dangerous for the rears to lock before the fronts.

You could just get a set of 14" pugs, then mount your good tires on them. Then do a turbo rear brake conversion.

i bought your set of 5 14" pug alloys months ago planning to put them on my hatch which also has rear discs but i'm now contemplating selling those to pay for the rest of the parts i need for this swap.

like i said over and over, i don't want bigger wheels and tires without bigger brakes. 6 lug and rear disc swaps are plenty sufficient for enough guys to prove they work but for the routine city and highway driving i do i want better brakes and will not compromise the issue at the potential expense of my family's safety. after driving a lifted Cummins powered 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 for a few years now, these cars have amazingly crappy brakes... call me spoiled.

also i have to admit that while 14" pug alloys look nice, i want UDSM WRX alloys for the Brat. so sexy....