Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sand Lake run in february?

sube4x4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaz-

Would later in the month be better for you? Such as 20-21 or 27-28?

I might even have the lift on my car by that time.:banana::banana:

I believe soobgoob, AWDturbo, obk25xt, Rich Dubois, and possibly sube 101 are planning on making the trip in feb.

-cody

Gloyal-

YES!:eek: Shovels! I'm trying to track down a shorter shovel that will fit in my car. I should have a lot better luck this time around as i have 4-lo. I only got stuck the one time on the last trip but boy did i make it count.:-\

Did you get the correct sized clutch yet? I belive centerforce makes cluthches for the old subes. But they are something like 300$ :(

-cody

Gloyal-

YES!:eek: Shovels! I'm trying to track down a shorter shovel that will fit in my car. I should have a lot better luck this time around as i have 4-lo. I only got stuck the one time on the last trip but boy did i make it count.:-\

Did you get the correct sized clutch yet? I belive centerforce makes cluthches for the old subes. But they are something like 300$ :(

-cody

I have a correct size friction plate now, but have yet to install it. I'm gonna see just how long the little 200mm clutch will hang on. It's been great so far. Been daily driving it for the last week, with no signs of slippage yet.:banana::rolleyes::confused:

I may be able to make a later in the month trip.

There is another trip I am planning on going on in Feb and I still don't know if I'll get through DEQ next week. And I just blew about $80 on new wheel bearings for the rear.

So there is also the chance the Soob could get stuck behind the shop and tarped till summer :( . (lack of more $$$ I can throw at it right now, and it's only a weekend toy so it has to be first to get cut)

Chaz-

Would later in the month be better for you? Such as 20-21 or 27-28?

I might even have the lift on my car by that time.:banana::banana:

I believe soobgoob, AWDturbo, obk25xt, Rich Dubois, and possibly sube 101 are planning on making the trip in feb.

-cody

some time in Feb sounds good i think i have 3 others going as well 2 gl10 turbo's & just may be a wrx if he does not mess it up.

Gloyal-

Are you going to install it before sand lake?

No, probably run it till it blows up.

I will bring some extra tools in case I have to put it in on the spot. But it seems to be holding up fine.

I used it to drag a wrecked outback on 3 wheels about 100 yards from the field to my shop yesterday. Got a tiny bit of clutch smell but it held fine.

scoobyclimbs-

Ok thats what i was planning on anyways. Where is this place at? Whats the terrain like?

-cody

The Slab is up near Yakima.

Acres and acres of desert terrain. Some rocks. Hill climbs. "Rollover hill". Stuff like that.

Nothing too hardcore except for a few trails and hills. All routes are optional. From what I hear it private property and the guy is an old Motocross racer. So he keeps it open for off-road fun as long as people respect it.

We went last year and it was pretty fun stuff. One of the 4x4 clubs up there does a run every year. And those of us on the PNWBA forum get invited.

Sounds like a fun place. So you have to be part of a club to go?:confused:

Not that I know of. I'm not part of the 4x4 club that has planned it. Though they are very limited on where they announce it. I think only on their forums, and the PNWBA forums.

... I've said too much. They are coming for me! :lol:

At the moment it is mostly stock. Made a new rear bumper after losing the old one for the last time, and put a hitch on it for a dirt bike trailer. I have lots of plans for it, but upgrades come when the money does. I plan on running the air intake into the cab soon though. I've had too much water and mud in my engine already.

If I can make it happen (big run weekend before plus I don't know if I'll have the Soob back on (off) the road by then anyway,stubborn bearings, DEQ, ect, ect.) I could go for either day but Sunday may work better. But either could be just as doable. :)

Oh and I just have to add.

Watch the cookies on the beach and such.

Every time I get all hooligany out there I shred a front tire. Dealing with that as well right now. Tore a sidewall out a bit on the driver front, and they are all terrains. Lots of sharp rocks and broken glass hiding under the sand out on the beach area.

99% of the sand lake is fine. But the beach has some tire shredding goodies if you get too playful out there.

Edited by TeamCF