Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Steel wheels 4 x 140 Feeler

Im reseaching the Idea of getting new steel wheels made with the 4 x 140 Subaru bolt pattern,

looking at different sizes thinking 15" x 6" wide would be the size to start out with ,I will work up a price and would like to get this going with 4 sets of 4 or 5 wheels each prepaid so would be making 20 wheels to start off with , would like your thoughts on rim sizes you would want , color and backspacing, also I will be designing the pattern and look ,wondering what people would like

Scott with SJR lift

What offset are you thinking of useing. I like the dodge d50 wheels. They tuck nicely in the wheel wells. I think the standard black and white would be fine for colors, maybe red. Some people might go for chrome because they wont need to drill through chrome. 15x5 - 15x6. I like the idea of 14s but that tire size is becomeing anchient history.

Edited by The Dude Abides

What offset are you thinking of useing. I like the dodge d50 wheels. They tuck nicely in the wheel wells. I think the standard black and white would be fine for colors, maybe red. Some people might go for chrome because they wont need to drill through chrome. 15x5 - 15x6. I like the idea of 14s but that tire size is becomeing anchient history.

14s are still a viable option, there are 4 or 5 different styles and sizes of super swamper tires still available in 14, as well as maxxis bighorns and general AT2's. There are also plenty of good snow tires, street tires, and rally tires still available in 14. I just think if someone is going to be making custom wheels they should consider both sizes, because some folks still want 14s

-Bill

Believe me i like 14s because they fit better for the lift i want. But we dont get those tires around here your talking about, we would need to order them online. Plus 14s are cheeper then others so that is a better option for me. But again i say we just dont have the options here you guys on the coasts do.

OK I worked up a price, I dont like it but its what I can do at this time maybe if I find other suppliers I can bring this down, looking at sizes 14 x 6 or 15 x 6 , if there is interest I would like to do 20 wheels if no interest this will just sit as I do not have the funds for this project, I would require prepayment if you want a set then give me 6 weeks to make it happen, also will need to decide what color white or black for the whole bunch

$ 155 each wheel powder coated

or

$ 115 each wheel bare steel you paint

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I think if you could make a 14x6 version of the Daytona wheels, the black ones with the red pinstripe, that would be awesome. AA already makes and sells 15" 4x140 wheels, but no one in the states does 14's.

-Bill

I know this is an old thread, but are the 15" AA-style wheels even still available?

Allied Armament doesn't seem to be around any more, and the wheels look to have been taken over by Smith's Outfitting Specialties (sosfab.com). I sent them an email back in late August, ready to buy a set of 5, and never heard anything back. :confused:

If the AA wheels are out of the picture, and you can reliably produce 15" wheels, there may be a market for them. icon14.gif

We're *all* really busy. At some point, as a potential buyer, you just give up!

If a vendor doesn't have the time to answer questions or to sell their own product, then who really has the time to keep hounding them about it? :rolleyes:

I'm sure the AA/SOS wheels are great, but that doesn't do us any good if you can't get 'em. :) That, in a nutshell, is why I think the market is still open for 4-lug 15" steel wheels. ;)