Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My New Wheeler Project.....Butters.......... **updated pics**

one eye

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*update*

I will be taking Butters to my shop tomorrow so i can do a full alignment, install a new speedometer cable and fix some wiring. Should be interesting! :banana:

Thanks Yohn, this should help it drive down the road a little better...........

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_3945.jpg?t=1272473020

Woody and my cars, I took it out for a little wheeling trip last Sunday, it did good, other than the clutch slips a little and it over heated, it seems to dissapear water some how. Other than hitting a huge concrete block it seemed to do good....................... just more things to work out.

Jeff

geta ************in skidplate slacker......:)cheers., brian

I do need to do that still.............. I have a gen one brat bumper that I am going to use as the base to start with.................... you'll see...

Jeff

Did that alignment work out for you, how does she handle?

I'm afraid that mystery water leak may be blown HG's.

The alignment never happened, Yohn was told that it was too modified to be on the rack......... I agree:grin:, As for the mystery leak, I dont want to think that at all..........................:-\ but there is a chance.........

Jeff

nice rig:)

man thats a big lift.. hows it go down the road? get the shakes at all? stiff/rough ride??

It rides soooo nice, its nicer than my stock wagon, as for shaking it does but I think it because of the bad front axles....................

Jeff

same here i get the shakes around 80mph my fronts click a little when the car is cold.. i dont believe the currnet rims and tires on mine are the best for higher speeds either

i though about putting the new humvee shock strips on my ru to help the vibration

same here i get the shakes around 80mph my fronts click a little when the car is cold.. i dont believe the currnet rims and tires on mine are the best for higher speeds either

i though about putting the new humvee shock strips on my ru to help the vibration

Mine starts around 35mph and keeps going, its not bad, but you know it is there..........

Jeff

Mine starts around 35mph and keeps going, its not bad, but you know it is there..........

Jeff

what about breaking? when i break it shakes like the rotors are warped

all n all i like ur ride.. the lift demands respect:lol:

Edited by True2Blue

• 2 months later...
Sweet bumpers man!!!

Those lights look just like mine too...brand & 130W?

Not sure who makes the lights, Greg (Zefy) got them for me up in Canada at Princess Auto a long time ago, like WCSS7 so I dont know much about them.............

The rear bumper is going to get about 2" removed off each end, it looks kinda dumb right now..............

Jeff