Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 swap to EA questions on harness

kmckinney0126

Yes, it works fine. (at least mine does)

You can order the pressure plate for the XT6 from whoever your local parts store or dealer is, as part of a clutch kit. The flywheel, I dunno. Check the dealer or online. I beleive it's pretty much the same as the EA flywheel - at least, the pressure plates are the same. I'm using an EA clutch kit and it works just fine, FYI...

ECU is the same, too. IIRC, it's all about the neutral switch wiring or something...anyway, most of the transmission stuff just gets cut out of the harness anyhow...you just want to retain the stuff for the two relays, the ECU, and the engine sensors. (I'm probably forgetting some stuff..oh! keep the cooling fan wiring, or better yet - just splice in a ONE-SPEED fan in place of the stock two speed fan)

Will a harness from an a/t Lego work for a swap to an ea manual tranny? Does the ECU need to be from a man or can it be from an a/t?

Where can I get a pressure plate from an xt-6? Maybee flywheel too?

I got my XT-6 clutch stuff from Discount Import Parts in Beaverton. They had the best prices for stuff with any quality. I got the flywheel pre-drilled from Scott In Bellingham. I don't know where I would go for an un-drilled flywheel.

Jacob