Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holy Cow! ... Three in a Month! ... (invisibility Paint?)

I Don't know if anyone noticed this but I've been Offline for some Weeks... the Main Reason is Because I'm Feelin' So Sad with my Everyday Warrior Subie.

Why? ... Well ... My Weberized EA82 was Recently Painted (Remember the Thread "To Paint or Not To Paint" at the Playground?) and it was very Nice Looking, I Was about to take a Couple of Pics to post here, but then...

I Was Driving very Slow in an Avenue where I had the Right to Go Straight without Stopping; my Subie was Doin' around 25 MPH in Second gear, then when Reaching one of the many Corners that are all long that Avenue, I Noticed a Kia Sportage Approaching that Corner from the Street... Collision Course ...but I Thought that the Other Driver will Slow Down and Stop, 'cos there was a Red "STOP" Sign in the Corner, Right in Front of the Other Driver's Eyes and his Kia was running around the same Slow Speed than my Subie...

...But he Never saw that Stop sign and... well... when he Reached the Corner, he just turned his head to see if Traffic was coming from the OTHER side of the Avenue and NEVER turned his Head to see in the Side where I Was Coming...

so He Accelerated his car Just in Front of Mine ... :banghead: ...

I Never Expected That! ... so his Sportage Crashed my Subie's Front Passenger Side, Just the Above the Wheel to the HeadLamp Area...

Now my Subie Needs a New Fender ... :mad: ...

The Guy admited that it was his Fault, swearing that he "Never saw" my Subie but he Agreed to Pay to me, but Just the 70% of the Damage... Well, he was a Good man that just made a Mistake...

Then the Next Week, I was Drivin' my Subie with the Crashed Fender, when another Driver that was Behind my subie, who was Talkin' by Cellphone while Drivin' (which is illegal here), did Not Stop in Time after a Red Light where I Was Stopped... his Hyundai H1 SVX Van (Hyundai uses the "SVX" as Trim level Designation for the H1 Van) hit the Rear Bumper on my Subie ... :banghead: ... Now the Rear Bumper was Pushed a pair of inches inside from one Side ... :( ... also, this other Driver said that he "Never Saw" my Subie.

Sometimes I Guess if I did invented some kind of invisibility Paint ... :rolleyes: ...

So I Decided to Keep my Subie closed inside its Garage at Home and Drive my Wife's Kia Sephia while I Obtain enough Money for a Junk Yard's "New" Fender and the Paint, plus other required things to Fix it Up, including some new Rear Struts and other minorities.

This last Weekend, my Wife, my Daughter and I, went to Visit my Parents at my Hometown, so we Traveled in my Wife's Sephia... and Could you Believe what I Found when I Came back Home? :confused: I Didn't Believe my Eyes at First Sight...

My Subie was Still Parked inside the Garage, with the garage's Metallic Door Closed as I Leaved it, but Some Drunk Driver went Straight in the Corner in front of our House and Crashed the Garage's Door Plus pushing with it my Subie's rump roast Again! ... :eek: ... Could you Believe that???

Have anyone here Experienced a Car Crash while it is Parked inside its Closed Garage? :dead:

So Now I Already Fixed the Garage's Door but my Subie's Rear Bumper Needs a FiberGlass Coat to be Restored, So I'll Need more Money to Fix it Up and it Means more Time to Obtain it...

Well... Let me Know what do you Think About this.

I Will Upload & Post here some Pictures About those Crashes as Soon as I Can...

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

That is the most remarkable string of bad luck.

Did the drunk have any insurance? Soak it to him for the entire bumper! Although the van driver ought to pay some too, as a rear ender at a red light is a no-brainer 100% at fault.

that's just insane, I'm so sorry, what a drag :-\

I wonder if that paint might get me out of speeding tickets? you seem to have invented 'magnetic stealth paint' ; it renders the car invisible but attracts random weird objects

side story, speaking of random weird crap;

One night I had to change out a city transit bus because one of our buses had been hit by a parked car. It was an interesting scene when I rolled up, the parked car had been on a very steep icy driveway. As the city bus rumbled by it had somehow caused the car to start sliding and it slid backwards down the drive into the street, causing a pretty fair amount of damage at the rear passenger door on the bus and from the rear body panel to the engine access cover. The car was severly damaged, locked, in gear with the brake still set.

As I was admiring the scene waiting for the cops to finish figuring out how to report that an unoccupied parked car had struck a moving bus the car's owner drove up with a friend. The cops could hardly keep a straight face.

It was quite a few minutes before I was able to take the damaged bus back to the garage and park it for the night. Apparently it got even better when the transit manager had to explain it to the mayor and the city council. He said he had to repeat himself often. I guess the insurance company was also hard of hearing. :)

Kias and Hyundais = "random weird objects?"

I like it.

My old AWD Corolla did the same sliding all locked up stunt on a friend's icy driveway. Slid down the driveway, off it and then down a hill where it was brought to a halt by a tree. The cat, who was in the car at the time, was not impressed. As it rolled by their septic tank vent, it broke off the ABS vent pipe and slashed the tire to ribbons. I was not impressed.

I locked the centre diff and drove it back up the hill, icy driveway and flat tire and all. My friend was impressed. She thought it was a tow truck job, or at least wait for the pickup to come home and inch it out with a chain.

Edited by robm

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Friends:

Thank you for your Kind Responses and your Words, I Really Appreciate That.

Please excuse me for the Delay in Posting the Pictures but Finally you can see the First Hit...

So white paint is now invisible? ...

is not White Anymore... Read under my Nick Name...

SadSideHit1.jpg?t=1266910011

How the heck do you not see a Bright Yellow Subaru ?????

I was Wondering the Same... Imagine my Subie under the Sun Light...

SadsideHit2.jpg?t=1266911138

...I cant believe that it got hit while in a closed garage. ...

Well... me too! ... :eek: ...

... Good luck fixing up your car and garage, and keep us updated on your progress. ...

Well... the Guy who damaged my Garage was a "Hit & Run" so I Do not know who is... The Garage is Already Fixed but I Still Need to Re-Paint it and also I Didn't fix my Subie Yet.

I will Wait for some Time to obtain Enough Money to Fix it Up... I Believe that the Better Way is to Obtain a "New" (to Me) Fender, Straighten the Rear Bumper and Paint the Car Again... Maybe I'll Change some of the Paint Pattern Design.

I Will Post Here as Soon as any Progress is Made.

Kind Regards.

Thank you for your Kind Words & Best Wishes!

Well... Gotta Love those Thick Glass Headlamps! ... :) ... Their crystal clear glass Never get Dark and they can receive a Huge front Impact from another car's Bumper Directly without any Damage! ... Could you imagine how will looked the hit if that Sportage's Bumper would hit a Plastic Headlamp?

The Damaged Part was the Car's Base for the HeadLamp that got a Little Bent; but that is an Easy Fix.

Kind Regards.

Dude! This is one of the funniest AND saddest threads I have read in a long time. The 'funny' part is because it is so damn unbelievable. I think I would've gone insane after that drunk driver plowed into my Scooby. Damn bro! I wish you the best of luck. This just sucks! It reads like something out of a comedy movie. :(