Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Repair or junk?

I have this chrysler LeBacon i got as partial trade when i sold my legacy. I have found the subframe has rusted away from the body, captive nuts ripped out.

I could try to make an attempt to repair it and sell the car for sopme 350 bucks. otherwise i can drive it to the junkyard for 200 bucks. if it were not for this damage, the car would be worth around 600 bucks

just wondering what ideas anyone would have for a repair, and if it would be worth my time to make the effort

post-14-136027639208_thumb.jpg

post-14-136027639214_thumb.jpg

post-14-136027639219_thumb.jpg

In my honest opinion (and after owning probably 6 of those cars) trying to fix it would be something awful but doable. Any Shadow, Sundance, Spirit, Acclaim, LeBaron, and Daytona 91-95 has the same "K-frame" that you could get from the junkyard and put into this car IF you can get the bolts to come out. But, is it worth all the effort to sell it for $300 instead of junking it for $200? Hell no. Pull the rims (Chrysler rims work nicely on 5 lug Subarus) and send it to it's death.

the problem is not the frame itself, but the metal on the car where it bolts to. I guess i'll junk it straight out for 200 bucks. my only hopes in getting 300 for it is to someone who needs a motor and trans for some minivan, but i would rather have the car gone than sit on it hoping for a better price.

maybe i'll keep the tires and sell the set for 100 bucks. the yard will dock me if i keep the wheels, give me a little less