Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mud Coast Road Rally 2010

The Dude Abides

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My BRAT has fresh transmission/gear oil, and a brand new radiator installed.

While filling with new gear oil, I found my pitch rod stopper metal bracket is broke, probably why it pops out of reverse when i try to reverse with some speed.

- it is still caked with mud and gravel all over the bottom from the incident at Ledges, i could hardly locate the drain plug for the gear oil/transmission.

At least i didnt see any metal chunks or even any metal flakes in the old oil, and the magnet on the plug looked GOOD.

Workin hard on getting mine ready but if for some reason its only half way done i might just buddy up with ya brent. But i should pick up my wheels soon and still waiting on my lift:grin:

They say april 10 but it still can be any weekend in march or april so who knows when it will actually be.

I am interested, but where exactly is this rally held?

I may not be able to have my 'roos in condition for that kind of treatment yet.:(

They definately need some work zzz done on them. some brake work, some metal work, etc...if time, a moderate, but not outrageous lift.

maybe next year.

I would like to attend, but my schedule is variable as well and I wont know

what nexts month schedule is until late this week. If im free, thats great.:),

if not, oh well, some other time...

it will be meet in Des Moines at the Waveland Cafe for their famous breakfast (thats what we did last year) so I assume the same, then we head south out of DM to the level B roads, then meet for lunch at a small town diner, mingle, then back to DM at a Restauraunt/Bar/Grillfor awards, muddiest truck, and watch the pics and vids on a big screen at the Grill/bar.

My only fear is ill have half the vehicle lifted and not be able to go. I might just wait to lift it after this event so i can go. McBrat still hasnt confirmed if hes going yet or not. Hes on a week to week basis. Even if your brat wasnt ready you can still take your truck.:grin:

:) truck is out on CL now... so no mud ventures for it...

I should have your tires/wheels off tonight after work...

LOL didnt he blow up the 78 brat engine on the last mudcoast. Needs to remember about the adding oil and coolant thing.

No, wassnt that the story of 5000 RPM, 20 degree timing advanace, and with E85 blend?

Dennis said he would either ride along with someone, or try to get a relliable enough ride to go along, not the SVX he has.

No, wassnt that the story of 5000 RPM, 20 degree timing advanace, and with E85 blend?

YES!

Dennis said he would either ride along with someone, or try to get a relliable enough ride to go along, not the SVX he has.

:lol:

Looks like theyve been updating there websight but now they have a signup sheet on there just so they know whos going. Make sure and do this if your attending or you might not get a spot. Im thinking its going to be next weekend.

http://www.roadrallycharities.com/events/mudcoast/

Edited by The Dude Abides

From looking at pictures theyve taken when they checked out the route it is going to be narley. Not a good one neither, dont think ive ever seen a dodge ram sink like that. All the snow and rain has made it way soft and sloppy around here. 2 things are going to happen for sure. 1. You will get stuck and 2 you will get muddy.:banana:

26939_393245188178_531233178_4889042_1821093_n.jpg

n513206403_7593.jpg

Edited by The Dude Abides

^

yeah Rally Julia did that last year too. that is a Big Heavy long dodge, not very good except for pulling people out.

Fresh oil and filter in the BRAT today.

was going to change oil in the SVX since its due, but my WIX for Porsche seal filter is not going to work. Guess I am taking BRAT to work tomorrow and see if i can get a correct SVX filter.

Sure wish Mick could go. I think it will be much same route as last year. It may be dusty in places and muddy in others. Looking at the jeeps, the tires look fairly cleaned of mud, but the way the tires stick out and throw mud up on the hood and roof, its due to no mudflaps and tires that stick out the wheel wells. Last yea, it was the same, my Rescue wagon had hardly any mud on the body, whereas everyone else did. 70mph drive home with mud stuck in the wagon wheels, priceless. Steering wheel shakes like crazy with mud in the wheels.

Oh, Ben, maybe pam spray the wheels inside and out to keep mud from welding to it.

Edited by bheinen74

• 2 weeks later...

this event is on coming Saturday April 10. Meet at Waveland cafe in Booneville around 8:15 for the breakfast and signup.

map and info to Waveland Cafe : http://maps.google.com/maps/place?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=waveland+cafe+booneville+IA&fb=1&gl=us&hq=waveland+cafe&hnear=booneville+IA&cid=13123986277401973921

its exit 117 off 80 west of DM then south....

The rally will be high probability of Warren County and its finest level B roads.

Driver meeting will be about 9am, and hand out of the map with turn by turn directions, exchange cell numbers with those who are able to pull ya out, etc.

Did it rain in the S Des Moines area today?

It rained here... nice and muddy

Edited by bheinen74