Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Single sealed beam to quad light wiring???

I dont know where its at. The only headlight conversion I have seen done I think was from baccaruda and converted to roundies on a gen 2. If you have all the parts a donor car to look at for referece would give you a big help. The wiring is the easy part though. Run new wire and use the existing wires as a trigger for the new lights.. Sorry if that sounds confusing but I can picture it in my head after doing a HL conversion on my pickup.

for more info on wiring danielstern.com

Mike

This should help you out, it shows how to complete rewire the lights using new relays, and it shows both the quad setup and the dual setup. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

http://offroadingsubarus.com/headlight_relaymod.html

Edit: After a quick read, it also explains the high beam indicator problem as well, if that applies of course

Edited by eulogious

Thanks for the reply. I recall something tricky with going from single to double on each side, something with wiring the high and low beams.

I will put a relay in as well to get more power to the lights.

Good idea to add a relay as well as fusing the wiring you take off the battery. Use appropriate gauge wire for the lamps you are using.