Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea-82, head/Cam-tower o-ring part number, ANSWERED

Honestly I did a search....

I need the part number for the "0" ring on a 1990 Loyal, EA-82 SPFI head gasket replacement so I can order.

This is that little "O" ring I believe it is between the head and the Cam-tower for the oil path.

It has been 2 years since I did a head gasket on a Ea-82 SPFI, when I did pull the head apart there was "that" o-ring so I bought a full gasket set to finish the weekend job, ... this time I would like to buy just the 0-ring so I called local subaru and they don't show an o-ring in the system and that is what bit me last time.

I called my local and Subaruparts.com and they both say their parts don't show the 0-ring... so help!

any info is greatly appreciated...

Answered!!! parts on order, thanks! *save #'s to personal records...

Edited by Indrid cold

Thanks all,

and Naru I appreciate the numbers this will help when I call them back today. I may be doing this repair for a trade on a possible EJ parts so want the best parts as is for co-worker and want no hard feelings etc..

FYI: My brother would go to the local Hydraulic hose store as they have a huge sellection of "o" rings all meant for different temps, oils etc... he used them on his Hondas for years on years... guy at store stated he got alot of mechanics business when looking for odd sizes etc..

Regards,

Mike

i was able to use an o-ring from the bulk stock theyhad at oreilley. I did take the cam tower with me to size it up.

get 2 of them. when you get to doing the other side, you will be glad to have the spare. I bought the last 2 at oreilley, and napa was just plain out of them, and the oldschool vw shop did not have them at all

you can get the generic 'HELP!' brand o-ring assortment, but you may have to get 2 sets to have 2 matching o-rings

I have always used rubber o-ring. the only thing i can think of that is a copper o-ring is the one built into the head gasket itself

Yeah - all they had to do was look at any engine parts breakdown for ANY EA82 and that would have given them the number. Plus it's all computerized now. What a pile of morons.

GD

I was scratching my head on that one too GD. I took the part number in and he was able to find it with that. Old guy behind the counter said he rarely sees the old ea-82 in there any more and the parts pic on his screen is so small he couldn't find it! Figure they didn't invest $ on up dating info on something that was fading into the past....

Thanks again all, this is a great site.