Ultimate Subaru Message Board

teh East Coast meet: Carlisle 2010 thread! Its on!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlisle Import Kit/Replicar Show is a OK. It used to be more truely vintage Imports but these days we all squak because of the mass of late model Volvos,...etc. (yuppie scum cars) and its lost a LOT of the exotic cars that used to attend. But I would say you'd like it the first time for sure. Good to see at least once.

There will be at least one exotic there. That is provided the TVR doesn't run out of gas on the way there.:eek::grin: Don't worry, you'll hear it coming. Even if you're still in Conn.:banana: I'm in agreement with ya that it isn't what it used to be. Too many old farts spent too much money on the vintage stuff to be willing or able to drive it to a show.

There will be at least one exotic there. That is provided the TVR doesn't run out of gas on the way there.:eek::grin: Don't worry, you'll hear it coming. Even if you're still in Conn.:banana: I'm in agreement with ya that it isn't what it used to be. Too many old farts spent too much money on the vintage stuff to be willing or able to drive it to a show.

aren't you on vacation? does it suck that bad? :lol:

aren't you on vacation? does it suck that bad? :lol:

Nope it doesn't suck. Yet at least. Weather is starting to climb today. Tomorrow 91, Sat 94 and Sunday 95:mad:. Only 14 work calls thus far, got down in about 4.5 hours pretty smooth through DC then traffic would come to a standstill every exit south for about 45 minutes. Jag averaged 24.5mpg down with what 3k worth of trailer and load. Do that with your Baja. Only got it up to 90 once or twice.:grin: For comparison the Legocrappy averaged 19-21 going to Wildwood. Angie is very much wanting one which makes that XJR less of a dream:banana:

I have a laundry list of things to do before the show which involve:

-installing new windshield and rear window gaskets

-Install new seats and carpet again once i dont have a lake everytime it rains

-Get a buddy of mine to repaint the roof

-Probably give it an oil change

There is probably even more that im forgetting but oh well. I will be there one way or another. Its just going to be a long weekend prior to the show.

Nice! took your trailer back about an hour ago. Thanks.

For anyone who preregistered I got my passes in the mail today. Sweet!

I got my sticker on Saturday. Are they doing the raffle this year? I'm going to miss the free stuff in the plastic baggy. All that paper makes a great fire starter. :grin:

read the paper that came with your sticker. if you threw it out you better find it...it is your "ticket" to getting a goodie bag.

hahaha that will teach me to read the whole letter. I just opened it up and saw the sticker. I still have everything though. Thanks Matt

thats horrible :lol:

Yeah...

So Matt are you still coming to this or are you going to be attending the "All Chrysler Nationals" in July???

You know what... July is two months away, you'll probably have something different by then...