Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Easy way to add torque

Guest UltimateRX

Guest UltimateRX

I've had a couple of question asked of me later with regards to torque. Seems like back in my old hot rodding days, one of the ways to incease torque was to raise the carb higher off the manifold. Most of the time we just used about a 2 inch adapter plate to raise the carb. Later they came out with high rise manifold and some real crazy looking manifolds that had long tubes between the carb plentum and the intake side of the heads. So, if you are looking for some more torque from your engine, you might try this before going out a building a complete new engine.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Subi81

I was wondering about this the other day. I finally made my weber adapter for my 81 wagon but I couldn't find any 1 inch thick allumimum so I made it out of 1/2 inch. I was wondering what the drawbacks will be. Now I know just have to put it on and see.

Thanks!

Guest McBrat

I have a 1" spacer between the weber adapter and the carb. I got the aluminum block from <a href="http://www.alcobrametals.com/" target="top">http://www.alcobrametals.com/</a>

they are in Spokane, and will ship. they will cut to size for you. If you are local, they have "scrap bins" that probably would have pieces you could use. and they sell really cheap from the scrap bin...

Guest Flowmastered87GL

Thats what Baja/Jason was telling me... if there is room on my brat after it gets lifted and when its time to install the weber... install the highest adapter that I can.

I am not sure if I will go 1 inch or 2 inch... I will need to measure after the lift, and with the weber on a block of wood or something :lol: