Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Steve's AWESOME Brat

Splinter

What? :popcorn:

what are you doing with your front axles? This should be interesting.

Stock. I turned down the front hubs to center the rotors, machined some sleeves to center the studs and built some brackets to attach the calipers to the stock knuckles.

With everything assembled it's centered to within .001" :)

Ohh! I get it now. For some reason I thought that was a different hub too. You should have no problems with stopping power now by the looks of things. Nice work!

More importantly, no problem with parts availability. These brakes will be stocked on every parts store shelf from now til the collapse of society.

Keep in mind that these have no e-brake capability, I'm working something out for the rears on that.

I'll get some more pics once I finish the brackets.

• Like 1

So yea, gonna need a bigger master cylinder... lol.

With the brakes bleed the pedal still goes right to the floor

:) yeah. I've got the Toyota v6 calipers on the front of mine, with Celica rear calipers... the stock MC just barely works... I've got a Legacy one sitting waiting to be installed....

:) yeah. I've got the Toyota v6 calipers on the front of mine, with Celica rear calipers... the stock MC just barely works... I've got a Legacy one sitting waiting to be installed....

Have you ever measured the throw of the stock MC?

Have you ever measured the throw of the stock MC?

no, but if you try to lengthen the rod, the worry is getting too close to the first line feed and causing an air leak into the fluid...

the legacy MC will bolt right up to the booster, but the lines have to be re-routed or adapted. where the stock MC is I think 7/8 or 15/16 bore, the Legacy is 1 1/8 bore I think...

The stock bore is 13/16 according to my listing

I wasn't going to try to change the throw of the factory cylinder, I was just looking at putting a bigger cylinder from another car on there

I didn't realize the legacy one was so big tho, I think I might go that route!

The stock bore is 13/16 according to my listing

I wasn't going to try to change the throw of the factory cylinder, I was just looking at putting a bigger cylinder from another car on there

I didn't realize the legacy one was so big tho, I think I might go that route!

maybe it was 13/16 vs 1-1/16. it was a quarter inch, which according to a local guy was more than enough.

Nice! What kind of screwdriver are you using for the starter switch? I find the old big Craftsman drivers without the shiny coating get the show going with the least amount of sparks. But when you really want to F with someone you have to get one of the cheapo new Stanley drivers with the cheap chrome coating. The stuff practically burns itself! :-p

Just ordered a 1 1/16 master cylinder from a newer legacy. Over a 50% improvement in bore area from the stocker. Should be good, I hope.

I'll get that done on Sunday, and hopefully get the alternator hooked up too