Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Steve's AWESOME Brat

Splinter

Nico: Yep, this is me!

holy crap man how you been ? its been so long since i heard or talk to you i hope everything is going well !!

and your brat is looking good nice work you done on it so far !!

• 2 weeks later...
Been doing good, down to just my Impreza and the Brat now, much easier to deal with just two cars! haha.

how bout you?

i hear ya !!! i had to get rid of allot getting old now time to let all the stuff go !! i am good same old stuff with me just working on this new project, then start on a new one after that lol.

ps: i love what your doing with your brat ! looks great so far nice and high of the ground

I've got an idea for my parking brake now that I'm beginning to flesh out

Basically I think I'll machine a 'rotor' to go between the driveshaft and rear diff pinion flange, and use a small rear brake caliper with built in parking brake and run the cable up to a parking brake handle. I'll build a bracket for the caliper off the forward diff mount bolts so the caliper moves with the diff.

I don't think it'd be strong enough to abuse for doing handbrake turns and stuff, but should be just the ticket for parking on hills.

I've got an idea for my parking brake now that I'm beginning to flesh out

Basically I think I'll machine a 'rotor' to go between the driveshaft and rear diff pinion flange, and use a small rear brake caliper with built in parking brake and run the cable up to a parking brake handle. I'll build a bracket for the caliper off the forward diff mount bolts so the caliper moves with the diff.

I don't think it'd be strong enough to abuse for doing handbrake turns and stuff, but should be just the ticket for parking on hills.

here is another idea that might work for you also that my father came up with on my car.

the hill holder ! get a cable made right to the e brake and it will work amazing like factory its simple fast and less work to fab up stuff.

also the hill holder holds on one wheel in the rear and one in the front after ill change it to both rear.

this sounds like what would happen to yours, my friend had 1980 toyota corvette yellow he had where it was lifted and was running dana 44's on it and he parked next to a cliff with no guard rail where he worked at and he forgot to put the piece of wood in front of the front tires then one thing led to another he had to rebuild for a second time after rolling down a ciff

• 3 weeks later...

Brats been on hold for a bit while I was getting the impreza ready for WCSS14, now back on the main burner...

Got the stock oil pressure sensor into the EJ block with a bit of machining today.

Over the next few weeks I'll be putting together a hitch bumper for the rear, a pitch stop, the pinion park brake and hooking up the leftover sensors for the EJ swap. If I get time I'll also be repairing and bedlining the bed.

Want to have everything working properly by october to be ready for the winter.

Edited by Splinter

• 2 weeks later...