Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reiter pit run!! cancelled... details for reasons why in final post...

TENATIVE DATE SET TO the weekend of may 8th to 9th.

well i'm tenatively coming home to washington for a few days. before i deploy. tentatively somewhere in the first couple weeks of May. so i'm gonna organize a small run up to reiter pit area. Lake Isabele Trail is the main focus and goal.

Reiter Pit is located just east of goldbar on hwy 2. north east of seattle, east of everett, and southeast of mt vernon.

All types of vehicles are invited. But be aware lake isabele is not an easy trail. it's a very difficult trail. it starts just after crossing the power lines. take a whoop-d-doo road to the May Creek crossing. which is the actual start of the trail. there are 2 creek crossings an easy and a hard route. after this it slowly winds up the side of the hill. for awhile it's fairly mellow. then there's your first real obstacle. a rockface directly after another creek crossing. then there's a tight little over and around some rocks. then to a large hill with several rock faces. after the hill more rocks start to appear all through out the trail. this is when the trail increases in difficult a lot more. after a little ways past the top of the hill there's a riqoute old log bridge. it must be navigated carefully so not to fall in the cracks or go off. after this bridge the rocks get even larger. this is the farthest i've been. there's supposed to be a waterfall and a obstacle called avalanche. which from what i remeber walking was a lot of large boulders strewn across the trail. the trail is aproximately 3.9 miles long. what you go up you will be coming down type of a trail. it deadends and you must turn around. and experience the obstacles in reverse.

for a map of this trail either go look at my site under trails/GPS

another map is right here.

Lake isabel trail map

some of the obstacle difficulties are definately off. but close enough. so come and join me and the subaru's

after that trail run. depending on how many turn around and how many press on. and actual time span it takes to run the trail. maybe just go play on the other trails in the reiter trails area. there are plenty of mild and medium difficult trails that can be run. so if can't take the stress and abuse of driving lake isabele. you can come meet us and play around reiter while we go up in the hills. i won't offer seats this time cause my car will be loaded. so if you want to ride you must arrange transport.

hope to see you all there. this is also be duplicated on the show your 4x4 forum.

www.showyour4x4.com

Please sticky.

P

Just to let everyone know. if you come and play on this day. finish this trail or any others that we play on that day. you are eligable for WCS membership. and have your car featured on the members rides page. preferably modified rigs. but will consider others for membership.

I'm also gonna be trying to invite a few non subaru owners with there rigs.

For the lake isabel trail itself. i'm requiring. (granted you can bring any vehicle to play with us in retier after the lake isabel trail run)

Subaru Requirments For Lake Isabel Trail Only:

3" lift

welded rear diff

26" tires minimum!! must be mud terrain tires!!

good humor about possible body damage! necessity!

As for on the trail. We are going to try to complete this trail. so anyone that does not want to precede with there vehicles at any time. due to possible breakage, fear, or don't think your vehicle can make it. you can turn around or pull over and park. (as long as you can find away to park and not block the trail!) then walk or take an open seat if available. if you have an extremely hard time getting to the log bridge. i strongly suggest you park and walk or ride. cause the difficulty multiplys 10 fold after the riqoute log bridge!!! with only 2 major obstacles left after the bridge!

these requiements are only for the lake isabel portion of the day. not the rest of reiter pit. this is one of if not the hardest trail in reiter pit area.

• 2 weeks later...

go onto my website there's a trails page for this trail. also a page on how i rate trails. it's a most difficult. a mildly built vehicle could make it most the way. there's a lot of mild spots with wild spots between. a traction device is pretty much a must. limited slip or better. limited slip is not reccomended. but could make it. the better built vehicle you have and better driving skills you have, will make it easier on us and slow us down less. we are completing this trail if i have to comelong the last few feet i don't care. we are finishing it.

but for the rest after this trail will only be mild trails and playing in the mud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well let me know all who is really interested. i'm going to go ahead and start fixing my car when i get back off this boat work up. guess what i have email here. and slow slow internet connection.

if enough people are going to show up i'll still be driving home to go wheeling. if there isn't going to be enough then i'm flying and just going to have a bbq.

for this trip you don't need to have a majorly modified car. for isabel you do. but before the rest of us start that run. we can pair you of and show you a few other trails and open areas to play and test your car's ability's.

semper fi

another update... it might be pushed back to early june. right before i leave. they pushed the deploy date back 3 days. so i might be able to get more time in june. let me know what you all think...

Whatever Jared. We're waiting. :) Get here when you get here, we understand.

You still have my# right?

well i guess i'll have to go in june then tex. cause that i don't want to interfere with you and your girl. plus i want to see you guys there. i don't have much room to flex but it'd be in the first couple weekends of june. i'll hopefully have a definate date in the next few weeks to month.

yes eric i still have your #. i'm stuck on a boat right now off the coast of california. thank god we have internet for now. someone was saying we might lose it when we actually deploy. so i don't have my cell right now. but i'll give you a call when i hit land and go back to yuma for a week. should be in a few days.

one of the major reasons why i was thinking of changing to june... was more time to fix my car up. still waiting on snap-on to deliver my tool to fix my diffs. the biggest reason is i ran into a friend from highschool here on the boat. he joined the corp a few months before i did. and is stationed with intel for the grunts in camp pendleton. and we wanted to try to take leave around the same time so we could go partying and drinking... before we go deploy. definately interesting when you bump into people in the chow hall on a boat, that you never thought you'd see again...

I'm going to make the run, but whether I can hack it on isabelle trail will rely on how much skill-experience I can pick up in the next few months. My car at this point is pretty close to the requirements (4/3 lift, 27inch meats (pretty beefy), weber, etc) - I just need to get a welded rearend and a few spare axles... come'a'long too. Can caravan North with you too. You live in gig-harbor right? - if so you cruise right by my house en-route to I-5.

- Erik Hosa - Tacoma, WA -

i live in yuma, az for now. it's not my home but where i reside till my contract is up. but in washington my dad live's in gig harbor, and my mom lives in marysville. marysville is closer and i spend most of my time up near there. i might if i have the gas money go down there and start from there. but it's an hour extra drive. so i'm not sure if i'm starting from down there. you probably could caravan with qman from boney lake. which is 30 minutes from gig harbor to his house. and if i have time which i'm not sure maybe we could squeeze a tahuya run in belfair too.but as for the reiter run june is looking the best. a little warmer for the cold blooded living in az.

i've got most of the parts to fix my car. the tool supposedly arrived at the post office. i've got to get it from them on monday. then i'll start fixing her tomorrow.

i'm sorry that you can't make it turbone. i was looking forward to wheeling with you again. :( i hope you get well soon. don't sell the hatch! how ya gonna go wheeling when i come back??

sweet!! can't wait till i can see it when i get back. i'd tell you about my next project i'm planning but.... it'd be banned from this board. it's not an offroader, but it's not a subaru :( well i guess one of the 2 projects i'll be starting isn't subaru the other 1 is a subaru :) so i hope that makes up for it....

i'm going out tomorrow to work on lil' roo!! wish me luck.

• 4 weeks later...

due to military obligations. i will not be coming home for the run in may or june. i will need to have a rain check till i get back from deployment. there's a lot happening. all leave has been cancelled for the marines in my squadron.

ken, eric, tex. give me a call if you want to know more. other than that, that's all i can say here.

Semper Fi!!

I understand completely. We knew this could happen at any time. Be safe and come home safely. I will call ya' If you have to split before you hear from me send me a message or letter.

Ken