Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just replaced everything in the front end (halfshaft, tierods, and ball joints), and now I have a clicking on hard left turns. Is it possible that the "new" halfshaft has a bad CV joint. I've probably put about 300 mi. on the car since the parts. The shaft came from Carquest (reman).

I guess I just got a bad one.
happens all the time with aftermarket axles. you'll see thread after thread just like yours about a new axle having issues. they have more issues down the road too, not just out of the box. so yeah the next one will be good but down the road and when you own future vehicles it's not a bad idea to consider a 100% solution like rebooting Subaru axles or MWE.

I recently had a half shaft installed that I bought from Autozone. It has a little bit of a click on turning left, which is not good, and not a good sign of things to come. I am thinking the reman company simply cleaned out the CV joint, added new grease and rebooted. I'm thinking there must be some wear on the joint, when dirt got into the boot on previous user's Subie. Only good thing is that AZ warrants the part with a replacement unit, but that doesn't cover the $135 labor cost for replacement. With AZ, you pays your money, and takes your chances. The main reason I go their store, is that they are nearby, while the Subie dealer is far away, and somewhat testie to do biz with.

With AZ, you pays your money, and takes your chances. The main reason I go their store, is that they are nearby, while the Subie dealer is far away, and somewhat testie to do biz with.

Thats why I order my Subie parts online. With shipping/no tax it usually costs less on line and I don't have to be ignored/mistreated by the parts clerks.