Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So. California EA82 Wheeler

JacksonRally

Ugh, still not idling correctly. I need to check the signal from ecu to IACV but dont really know how. I do not have a voltmeter or the sweet skills to know what to check. I would like to get her road ready as we may be heading to Utah (.....Suparu.....) next month instead of Laughlin, NV. 

lemme know, and dates if a Utah trip does come together.  Which rig(s) would you bring?

That silly idle's got to G O.

;)

aaaaaahhhhhh it was the ecu this whole time. I was given the wrong ecu with my swap, I had a maf ecu (98/99) not a map ecu (2000/2001) with the correct ecu she purrs like a kitten!!! 

Bleed brakes, mount and wire headlights and call the insurance company!!! Im back on the road!!

So i can get a freeee ecu from a 2000 auto rs or a $90 one for 01 5spd. I think the years will both work but every other person I talk to says the auto will give me some extra cels for no inputs from an auto trans. I like the free price tag though. 

Thoughts, suggestions?

The difference is in the harness. If you've got a 5MT harness, it will have the AT/MT identification pin in it (which should be grounded), which will tell the ECU that the vehicle is a MT. If you have an AT harness, it will not have that pin...

I really hope i don't have any issues with the law using these lights. They are only 55w bulbs. I will be using the two inners as low and all four on as high. I know the bulb its self is they same you can buy for replacement in a Jeep or the like with round style lamps.

You should be using the two outer lights for lows 

I was thinking that but with the placement so close to the side marker I'm not sure the outer lights will illuminate to the sides well. But just in case i need to switch i wired the plugs alike so it can be a quick fix.

I got around to wiring the fuel guage today, and some how it seems to work :)

Nice. I hope it was as easy as we thought it would be. It should work like the newer gauge senders. They're about the same resistance.

A problem I'm running into is on cold starts the engine acts differently depending on the temperature reading from the fuel. At certain temperatures its harder to start and if I fake it out with a resistor when the tank is reallllllly cold (like 10°F) it doesn't like it. But if it's more like 40°F it's happy, but revs up to 2000rpm first and then back down to normal. Oh well... It shouldn't be much of a problem in SO-CAL.

Edited by kanurys

I was actually going to ask you about the temp sensor. I don't have that hooked up yet, just the fuel level guage. I can't seem to locate the temp sensor wire in the 01 wiring. I printed out the fsm for the wiring but can't find it there either. Do you know which wire it is?