Ultimate Subaru Message Board
JacksonRally

So. California EA82 Wheeler

You're stoked on that winch! Are you gonna put nylon cord to lighten it a bit?

-Garrett

Yeah I'm excited. Trying not to work on it till i finish the rally car that is being picked up in 6 days. So that makes me more anxious.

What's the OAL of your Smittybilt XRC8?

Just wondering if its longer than 26" - the distance between stock 87 GL headlights.

16K lbs max pull with a snatchblock? Plan on doing chinups with yours? Ha ha.:)

Just wondering if its longer than 26" - the distance between stock 87 GL headlights.

16K lbs max pull with a snatchblock? Plan on doing chinups with yours? Ha ha. :)

According to specs online it is 26" long. I was looking at this one, and the Superwinch LP 8500. The Superwinch is 24" long, and weighs 7lbs less, not that that's much.

16K lbs max pull with a snatchblock? Plan on doing chinups with yours? Ha ha.:)

L/W/H 22"x6.3"x8.1"

Its pretty darn heavy that's for sure, 94lbs. But for $248 shipped its what I'm runnin!

That's a good price. The best price I found was $299 shipped.

I am going to have King Springs on mine, so I'm hoping when I get a winch, those will help with the added weight.

That's a good price. The best price I found was $299 shipped.

I am going to have King Springs on mine, so I'm hoping when I get a winch, those will help with the added weight.

Yeah $299 is pretty much what you find them for. I just happened upon this on Amazon, it was sold as a used item. I looked further and it seemed to only have a damaged box. So for the low low price of $228 plus tax I jumped on it.

check and see if the colors are like my Phase II EJ22: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AulzhoggZfFGdFZVbjladjJKaWFqX0swSEdHR2xCNHc#gid=0

I made this spreadsheet to do my harness strip-down a while back.

On the spreadsheet hit Ctrl-F and search for "fuel temp"

Hmm well I took a look at your spreadsheet and it seems like thats the wire I tried. Though I just used some aligator clips that dont always make a good connection. I will hard wire it and try that one again.

• Like 1

And the rest of that nonsense is for emissions, which I may need to get the rest of that stuff. Not sure yet how the smog nazis are going to treat this one.

I would assume since your wagon was not OBD-II originally, they would look for a CEL and do the tail pipe sniffer, and if it passed it wouldn't matter. However it is California and after hearing the nightmare that my brother had getting his Audi Coupe Quattro to pass smog I would only own an old car in CA... Good Luck!

I am keeping an eye on this fuel temp and tank pressure issue as well, I would also like to have the check engine light off.

I think there is a need for fuel tank temp functionality. It effects cold starts, somehow. I'm not sure exactly how because it's hard to test. We'll keep plugging away at it...

I would assume since your wagon was not OBD-II originally, they would look for a CEL and do the tail pipe sniffer, and if it passed it wouldn't matter. However it is California and after hearing the nightmare that my brother had getting his Audi Coupe Quattro to pass smog I would only own an old car in CA... Good Luck!

I am keeping an eye on this fuel temp and tank pressure issue as well, I would also like to have the check engine light off.

This I'd what I'm hoping for. I would like to just bring it in and smog it like it was an 87. Just hope the guy dont know its now obd 2.

Fuel temp is hooked up and no more code. The blue/black wire was correct. Now im trying to figure out the low idle. I set the tps at .5v. Gonna put in another iacv and see what happens. I also have a slight hesitation that I'm hoping is fuel filter.

Put the original iacv back in, cleaned and now she's running proper. Cruised around a little with the a/c blasting and she never missed a beat.

I will wire headlights today and try then out tonight!

I had a pretty busy weekend, started on the winch bumper, wired the headlights and dropped the new motor into my brothers Forester. The GL has almost 500 miles on her now. I still have one reoccurring code for an o2 sensor. Its nice to cruise in traffic at 70/75 mph with A full car. Still has a few quirks but its getting there. Struts/shocks need to be addressed asap.