Ultimate Subaru Message Board

B.R.A.T. Meet 2010

The Bi-Drive Recreational All-Terrain Transporter Meet for 2010 is on!

Date: May 29-31

General Schedule (Subject to Change)

Saturday May 29th:

-Meet at Winegars http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1CHMY_enUS310US310&sourceid=chrome&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=1013+E+University+Way%0AEllensburg,+WA+98926&fb=1&gl=us&hnear=1013+E+University+Way%0AEllensburg,+WA+98926&cid=0,0,5595977112535483288&ei=DB2jS6zzA43ctgOsivjUAw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQnwIwAA at 5pm for a meet and greet with some of the best homemade ice cream on the planet! From there, around 6pm, we will be heading to the main camping area for the weekend (See *Camping Details*). It is located north of Ellensburg up Reecer Creek Road. The rest of the nights activities will be up to those who are camping out (camp fire? marshmallows?).

Sunday May 30th:

-Meet in downtown Ellensburg (exact location to be determind) at 10am to prepare for the drive through the Yakima River Canyon. We will be departing at 11am so please be there on time! The destination will be Miners Drive-In in Yakima, bring an apatite because the meals are BIG. We should arrive around 12pm, here are directions http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ellensburg,+WA&daddr=46.80523,-120.435562+to:2415+South+1st+Street,+Yakima,+WA&geocode=FSIczQId-ZXQ-CkxjjqyMvKZVDEXCcBMYduw-A%3B%3BFXKMxgIdTJTR-CkdhGaGJNaZVDG3Rzk_0LG9hA&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1&sll=46.763384,-120.421143&sspn=0.265284,0.617294&ie=UTF8&ll=46.764324,-120.428009&spn=0.265279,0.617294&t=h&z=11

After lunch (hopefully before 2pm) we will head back to Ellensburg through the canyon to where we started. At that location will be the "car show" (or should i say truck show? :rolleyes:). It will hopefully start at 3pm and end before 5pm (See *Car Show Details*). After the show i would assume a group would want to have some fun offroad. And I would hope to have a nice camp fire social at the campsite.

Monday May 31st:

-Mostly a day to drive home if you haven't already

Camping Details

You can camp out or stay in, the main camping spot will be up Reecer Creek road where it will be primitive style camping with paved access. There are also lots of hotels in town if you wish to stay indoors. Also there is a KOA in town if you wish to have less primitive camping. As far as the main campsite goes there are several options for camping spots but my hope is to get the large field right off the road, directions are here http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ellensburg,+WA&daddr=Forest+Service+Rd+3500&hl=en&geocode=FSIczQId-ZXQ-CkxjjqyMvKZVDEXCcBMYduw-A%3BFaAY0AIdpwDQ-A&mra=ls&sll=47.192279,-120.586023&sspn=0.016448,0.038581&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=11

the area mainly sees camping during hunting season so there shouldn't be much competition at all for spots. As far as i know campfires should be allowed, i will look further into that to make sure. For those who want to have some fun offroad here is a list of trails in that area http://nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm#liberty. I hope to explore more of the area before the meet but if anyone has experience driving these trails then speak up!

Car Show

The car show will consist of a "show and shine" and a public vote for top three BRATs. Winners will receive medals (gold, silver, and bronze hubcaps) and bragging rights. The plan is for registration to open when we get back from Yakima (around 3pm). Registration will consist of being assigned a number so people can vote for your BRAT. Voting will begin soon after and will end by 4pm. Votes will be counted and winners will be announced and receive the awesome prize :banana:

Anyone is more than welcome to attend. If you own a BRAT you have to come. If you own a subaru you should definitely come. If you like BRATs or subarus in general then you should come!

If there are any questions or concerns either post up in here or shoot me a PM.

Lets get a list going, Who's Coming With What!?!?

1. Fenix747- 86 BRAT

2. bratsurus1- 80 Hatchbrat

3. The Beast I Drive- Rusty Red BRAT

4. Jake DMC- 79 BRAT + 06 Outback

5. Twitch de la Brat- 85 BRAT

6. Mr. Brat- 85 BRAT

7. Mugs- 86 BRAT

8. Indrid cold- 84 BRAT and/or 84 Hatch

9. Yo'J- 87 BRAT

10. Turbone- 85 BRAT?

11. Pooparu- Lifted BRAT

12. asis- 80 BRAT

13. lkindred- 82 BRAT (if ready in time)

14. tallwelder81- 82 BRAT

Edited by Fenix747

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ************ finaly something in my neck of the woods and im going to be in utah at a wedding:mad:.

Rob.

We'll hold a spot for you Robbie :)

Just in case something falls through... :rolleyes:

And you could always tell them screw it, I'm sticking with my Subaru homies.

That is, if you weren't the best man :-\

Twitch

I got some work to do to get her going. But as of now count me in for Sun & Mon. May show up Sat night around 7-8pm we'll see. Will be bringing my Brat-a-holic 13 year old son with me as well.

Stock 86 BRAT

Sorry the dates not workin out for ya Rob. There will be more to come though :banana:. The rest of the trials up at liberty/table mt open up june 15th, i think we have to have a mini offroad meet some point this summer either their or manastash

-Andy

I got some work to do to get her going. But as of now count me in for Sun & Mon. May show up Sat night around 7-8pm we'll see. Will be bringing my Brat-a-holic 13 year old son with me as well.

Stock 86 BRAT

Sweeeeet.

That lucky kid is gonna OD.

You better bring a paper bag, just in case of hyperventilation :-p

Hope you can make it Saturday!

I'll be trying to show up later Friday and stay all the way until Monday.

I love camping, and this would be the perfect chance to start out summer on

a good note!!!

Twitch

Checking with wife... trying to get a green light.. (we visit dead people Memorial Day-Monday)

(prying Brat keys from Son's hand)

If I can't get the 84 Brat from my loving son... grrrr... I will bring my 84 Hatch. (got tabs and insurance today...been almost a year)

Twitch... If I can break away I will join you Friday and will bring my Dutch Ovens for the dinner....

and maybe a Sat or Sun night dutch oven dessert for everyone!

Edited by Indrid cold

Is there a reson may 29-31 has been chosen? Is there any reson why we can not change it to june 5-7th?

Im not trying to pick a fight im just curious i would really like to go and it will suck to miss it by a few days as i see it, it would still be on a weekend so every one would still be able to make it.

just tossing it out there.

rob.

I hear ya on that. The main reason that weekend was chosen was so that people arent rushed and there is more opportunity to make it out. You have saturday to drive here, sunday for the main event, and monday to drive home since its a holiday. This helps a lot for those who have a long drive or those who might work regular weekends.

Also we needed to get a date out there now so people could plan ahead. Only a few people chimed in on the other thread about what dates seemed better. So theoretically the date can be moved if it appeals to the majority. But it has to be done soon so people can plan for it. Id say the date is open for discussion and if there are no real objection we could change, otherwise id like to keep it where its at.

Ill be gone this whole next week climbing some rocks down south, when i get back ill check up on how things turned out with this subject and a decision will have to be made. So try to get people talkin and figure things out. I hope for a good turnout and an awesome meet so lets do it!

Have a good week :D

-Andy

I feel that a date is set. If for some reason you can't make it there is always next year, if this turns out to be a yearly event. Maybe this is not the right comparo but no one would say "Oh please Mr. NFL my aunts birthday is next Sunday could we do superbowl on like maybe Tuesday?" I wish everyone could and would make it, I am still having to pull some strings myself, Wife, Motor, Wife, Money... Did I say Wife? But you gotta do what you gotta do to move forward. If we don't set a date we would still be here on the interweb in September talking about it. When I first started talking about this thing I had originally suggested the weekend before or after Memorial Day as to not conflict with traditional Mem Day Weekend plans but quickly saw the benifits of the 3 day weekend. The only other solution would be to change the whole thing to 4th Of July or Laborday weekend but I am sure there would be a long list of people with plans or interferences on those 3 day weekends as well...

Just my 2 cents

-Jake

KEEP THE DATE

And for the record E-burg is not exactly in the middle of wahington. Those coming from Seattle only have a two hour drive but me coming from Spokane have a 3 hour 15 min drive. But on the flip side if you do it in Moses hole then the drive times change to the opposite of the before mentioned. So I am thinking the middle of Wa is some where next to a tumble weed and a mile marker on I-90. And I don't think we will want a meet there. :lol:

Lets keep the dates, and proceed forward. We can't make everyone happy and that is just the way it is.

OH and I would much rather go to my aunts house then watch some stinkin football game, or cars go in a circle, or people trying to make a basket, or hit a ball with a stick, or hit a white ball in a hole. ok you get the point:grin:

If it is that important to you to keep it on the dates its on then go for it it will problably end up like most things where about half the people flake out anyway.

~Rob.

I hope not.

We're trying to make this thing official.

And if we get a good enough crowd, I'll try to make this an annual thing.

Maybe switch up the city every year, like WCSS, or keep it all in one spot, it'll

mostly be decided by the people who show.

And we'll allow you to throw your piece in there too.

But I am for keeping the date, I've already put in for my time off at work.

It'll keep it more available for everyone.

I'm sorry you're gonna miss it, but we hope to see you the next year, or

maybe at an impromptu meet somewhere :)

Twitch

Yea that is a convincing argument use big letters and the super bowl yeah i see where that works in...?

I'm just saying its not like WCSS or in your case the super bowl its just a few people hanging out in your situation it really doesn't matter what day its on you still need to drive 3+ hrs.

~Rob.

Wow... Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers there... We aren't trying to be WCSS or the Stupid Bowl. It's called a metaphor. It is too bad that some people can't attend. And so far, at least I thought, those who can't make it understand a date must be set. The fact that "you still need to drive 3+ hrs." was the whole point of doing it on a 3 day weekend so nobody has to be rushed. That being said... Alot of people are excited about this and I am sure that not everyone on here will make it but possitive comments about what we are trying to do are cool..... Negative ones, well not so cool. Again the date won't work for everyone, but it seems to work for most...

Sorry if I've pissed in the kool aide.

-Jake

Hmmm, I missed this thread completely.

I'll see if I can make it on Sunday, dont think I can make it the whole weekend.

Good!

I hope you can make it, even if its only for a day or two.

I'm hopefully gonna be there Friday till Monday.

Twitch

Edited by Twitch de la Brat