Ultimate Subaru Message Board

B.R.A.T. Meet 2010

Also, I don't wish to pee in the pineapple, but could you guys keep something in

mind for me?

I'm allergic to many heavy scents (aka soaps, perfumes, lotions, etc), and certain compounds in foods.

So I just make a mild request to check for any sulfur compounds in your items

before slathering them on, or making sure your food items are sulfate/sulfite

free before offering?

Since we will be outside I should be ok, and I'm very diligent about it, but I'm

severely allergic and a trip to a hospital for an asthma attack will kinda kill the atmosphere...

Thanks for your consideration...

Twitch

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, sorry Rob, but you missed 2 threads :-p

This is the second one :)

And good!

I hope you can make it, even if its only for a day or two.

I'm hopefully gonna be there Friday till Monday.

Twitch

I'm pretty sure I posted in the first thread.

Hopefully you wont scare everyone off with your allergy.

Well im back from a long week of driving and climbing and lots more driving. looks like we are keeping the date where its at. I wish it could work out for everyone but thats just the way it goes i guess. But we must press on and make this meet awesome!

Canyon Rd. is a main highway, it use to be the only way to Ellensburg before I-82 existed. Its a nice scenic drive, lots of curves, pretty fun to drive

-Bill

Sweet! Thx. Will try and get my linkage done by then :slobber:

I'm in SE Portland...I love a good convoy.:)

Hey there,

I was kinda hopin you would chime in, I read a couple of your builds threads n such. Always good to have competent help around too :-\

I might have a third passenger. My daughter is 11 and the co-owner ;) of this BRAT but would like to give the wife a chance to come as well. She could follow but if there is a welcome/open seat in the convoy...at least I offered :grin:

Work on our 82 Brat is progressing much slower than I had anticipated. Doubt, at this rate, that we will have it licensed and ready for a road trip by end of May. Hopefully it will be rolling by WCSS 12 through as I plan on Ken driving his Brat and I'm driving my 86 Hatch.

We will join you if we can Memorial Day weekend though!

Lynn

If someone locates a Roll Bar for me, I will come for that.

I am also allergic to the soaps, perfumes, etc.

Well, if we can't will you still try to come?

Or maybe we could make you one?

I know, home made isn't the same as OEM, but could we still use it to entice

you to come over?

I'm looking into having one made for Fenix747, do you want me to get you a

price quote?

It'd be awesome to have a midwesterner come over.

Twitch

if someone had a rollbar they were willing to donate to the cause for a while, i could reproduce them.i am pretty sure the original ones i have seen are 1.5" tube..that is the die set i have.

hrew tubing is relatively cheap.would cost about $75-100 a stick(20')....i would be willing to entertain this if enough folks got interested.i already have the tools to accomplish it ,,,,so.....if people wanted a different size i could pick up another set of dies.

this could also be done for the front end guards..........bull bars , etc.....

cheers, brian

if someone had a rollbar they were willing to donate to the cause for a while, i could reproduce them.i am pretty sure the original ones i have seen are 1.5" tube..that is the die set i have.

hrew tubing is relatively cheap.would cost about $75-100 a stick(20')....i would be willing to entertain this if enough folks got interested.i already have the tools to accomplish it ,,,,so.....if people wanted a different size i could pick up another set of dies.

cheers, brian

I have a short roll bar I can donate.

cheers, brian

I have a short roll bar I can donate.

Sweet.

Thank you Brian for making the offer, and thanks for tossing the bar up for

examination Rob.

Hopefully we can get these reproductions made so that we may entice our

brethren from the midwest to come over.

And also, would there be any chance of a convoy from Idaho/Spokane?

So that we may have backup, just in case one of us breaks down.

And as much as I love driving my BRAT, I would like it even more if I could

drive it with a whole bunch more people and their BRATs/Subarus.

Twitch

Aren't they 2", pretty sure mine are :-\

cheers, brian

I might be interested in a front bar, I was planning on making a pattern for the frame mounts anyway the next time I have mine off.