Ultimate Subaru Message Board

B.R.A.T. Meet 2010

hrrmm, last time i knew, you were pbarely getting any 4spd to work at all in your brat.when did you do a 5 spd swap?

and guages not working pretty much make your results null and void.no concrete data.sorry, fail.:rolleyes:

cheers, brain

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hrrmm, last time i knew, you were pbarely getting any 4spd to work at all in your brat.when did you do a 5 spd swap?

and guages not working pretty much make your results null and void.no concrete data.sorry, fail. :rolleyes:

cheers, brain

This winter actually.

Right around February.

I got the tranny mounted up, but had to wait to get money for a driveshaft.

Got the driveshaft bought a month or so later and was able to drive it.

Shortly after the timing components went on my lego.

And as for the guages not working, my tach works as a tach, but my

speedometer doesn't work at all.

I have a GPS in the car.

I have used the GPS with both transmissions.

The 5psd is slightly slower at the same rpm

Twitch

Edited by Twitch de la Brat
He did

This winter actually.

Right around February.

I got the tranny mounted up, but had to wait to get money for a driveshaft.

Got the driveshaft bought a month or so later and was able to drive it.

Shortly after the timing components went on my lego.

And as for the guages not working, my tach works as a tach, but my

speedometer doesn't work at all.

I have a GPS in the car.

I have used the GPS with both transmissions.

The 5psd is slightly slower at the same rpm

Twitch

unless you have a very nice GPS, and i mean, very nice, the variability is to high.still fail......

you have to have reliability to get concrete data.sorry ben, but your rigs are not reliable.(proven by your own posts, not bashing)

the driveability is better with a 5 spd period.

and the rpm's drop about 500 rpms throughout the range....this was tested on a 1986 brat with 185/80/13's,205/75/14's, and 235/75/15's.on a 1983 wagon with 175/70/ 13's and 235/75/15's.

you originally stated"maybe a little higher"......

that is what i went off of.cheers, brian

unless you have a very nice GPS, and i mean, very nice, the variability is to high.still fail......

you have to have reliability to get concrete data.sorry ben, but your rigs are not reliable.(proven by your own posts, not bashing)

No worries, but my GPS msrp's for $600.

I'm pretty sure its a very nice one ;)

And I agree with my rigs not being too terribly reliable, but its what I experienced.

the driveability is better with a 5 spd period.

and the rpm's drop about 500 rpms throughout the range....this was tested on a 1986 brat with 185/80/13's,205/75/14's, and 235/75/15's.on a 1983 wagon with 175/70/ 13's and 235/75/15's.

you originally stated"maybe a little higher"......

that is what i went off of.cheers, brian

I agree with the greater driveability, the extra gear greatly increases the

overall usable power.

But I haven't changed tires on mine.

So maybe mine is a fluke?

Or it might be because I have an 85 transmission, it may have shorter gears.

I'll have to look that up.

**EDIT**

And I did.

According to this article, Brain's right.

The top gear of the 4sp d/r is .769:1, with a final drive of 3.583

The top gear of the 5sp d/r is .780:1, with a final drive of 3.416

So after multiplying the top gear with the final drive you get...

4sp d/r: 2.755:1

5sp d/r: 2.664:1

(lower is faster)

I humbly apologize for the confusion.

Twitch

Edited by Twitch de la Brat
MOAR INFO!!!

at the risk of FURTHERING the off topic posts, i wante dto ask you guys.

WHERE is a good place to get a d/r five spd?

also....

where is a good place to get a ea81 rebuilt? i just want it new. nothing too fancy. maybe an extra twenty horse. does anyone know if CCR does performance upgrades?

oh yea, one last questo,

where do you get a hi flow Ypipe for the ea81? magnaflow has NOTHING smaller than 2 inch into 2.5 inch.

ONE WEEK REMINDER!!!!!:banana:

Well, I'll Be showing up either late, late Thursday or early as possible Friday.

Unfortunately, even though I requested it off, my boss still scheduled me for

Monday :-\

So I'll have to leave Sunday night, but no biggie on time as I don't work until 12.

I'm just in search of one good driver's side rear drum right now.

I won't have time to do both before the meet, but I need to get one good drum.

Anybody within an hour's drive have one sitting around?

Twitch

&%$%^#$%$#DANGIT!!! I'm out due to ej HG failure. I'm not smoking my motor in the memorial day pass traffic.

That sucks man sorry you cant make it' date=' better get it fixed up for WCSS though!

And as Twitch said one more week!

Schedule will still go as it says in the original post. Only thing im adding is location for start and finish of the cruse and show spot. I figure a good spot would be the parking lot for CWU closest to University Way accross the street from the Campus U-tote-em. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=47.001208,-120.535839&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=18&sll=47.001194,-120.535528&sspn=0.00206,0.004823&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

Its a large parking lot and is always empty on weekends because everyone goes home to the westside :rolleyes: we will gather in the back corner.

I think that covers everything, if you are going to be in town earlier (like Twitch plans to) and you want help finding the camping spot just let me know and i can show you the way.

-Andy

Provided the BRAT doesn't sell by then I will more then likely be showing up Sat evening around 7-8ish pm, with my 13 year old son.

Can we post some maps of the campground and a map of how to get to it. (I can get to Eburg but will need to know where to go from there.) Maybe some contact info of key personell would be good as well.

Hope to see you there. If anything changes I will let you know.

ONE WEEK REMINDER!!!!!:banana:

I'm just in search of one good driver's side rear drum right now.

I won't have time to do both before the meet, but I need to get one good drum.

Anybody within an hour's drive have one sitting around?

Twitch

There is at least 10 EA81 at P & S right now. or at least there was on WED when I went.

Provided the BRAT doesn't sell by then I will more then likely be showing up Sat evening around 7-8ish pm, with my 13 year old son.

Can we post some maps of the campground and a map of how to get to it. (I can get to Eburg but will need to know where to go from there.) Maybe some contact info of key personell would be good as well.

Hope to see you there. If anything changes I will let you know.

Here is a map to the camping spot http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ellensburg,+WA&daddr=Forest+Service+Rd+3500&hl=en&geocode=FSIczQId-ZXQ-CkxjjqyMvKZVDEXCcBMYduw-A;FaAY0AIdpwDQ-A&mra=ls&sll=47.192279,-120.586023&sspn=0.016448,0.038581&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=11

And if anyone needs anything for the weekend you can call or text me at (253)-381-6539. Im debating on weather i will be staying the night up at the camping spot or at my house but either way ill be in town all weekend so feel free to get a hold of me at anytime!

-Andy

Looks like I'll have a lifted Brat by then. I mean it REALLY looks like I'll have a lifted Brat by then. :banana: I'll try to pull it off.

Side note. Do you guys wanna start a new thread with a condensed first post? Where, when, details, list of potential attendees?

Lemme know, I'll help.

he is all fixed up. no excuses now:)....

Heh, yeah, Brain Rocks :)

I'm getting that installed today :banana:

Thanks for the map Andy, looks like the end of the trail will make some awesome

*ahem* "drifting" area ;)

Zap, that sounds great.

If we could condense all the needed info into one first post, it'd make getting

updates easier.

Twitch

Side note. Do you guys wanna start a new thread with a condensed first post? Where, when, details, list of potential attendees?

Lemme know, I'll help.

Yea i can get a new thread goin with the juicy info, ill get it up tonight when i get home (REI sale FTW :banana: )