Ultimate Subaru Message Board

you guys KNEW this was coming (coupes summer wheels)

Haha yea its doing good other than the leaking front and rear window and cruise issues (least of my worries). For some reason i can get the cruise to work at low speeds around town but not on the highway. Would anyone know what would be causing that?

As for the luggage rack...it wasnt really my style. I like em but the lighter the better in my eyes. That thing added somewhere in the range of 40-50 pounds to the trunk. And it was just another place for water to leak in and rot things.

The cruise isnt supposed to be able to kick in until 45mph+ I believe.

The coupe is looking nice, makes me want to start my next project now.

The cruise isnt supposed to be able to kick in until 45mph+ I believe.

The coupe is looking nice, makes me want to start my next project now.

Hmm well something got screwed up then cause it will kick in at the low speeds but not the high. Anyone kno what i should be looking for for this. I think im going to start a separate thread about this later.

Edited by hatchsub

..accessories add that extra pop!

Totally agree, but unless he actually needs to carry a bunch of extra luggage, I think leaving it off in the name of rust prevention/performance is the prudent choice.

That said, putting on some period correct accessories and JDM go-fast bits would certainly make up for the lack of trunk bling. :grin:

Did you reclock your rear torsion bars, or do the 2WDs normally sit that low?

Edited by carfreak85

Did you reclock your rear torsion bars, or do the 2WDs normally sit that low?

No reclocking. 2wds just sit lower in the rear. This one actually sits a bit higher than the sedan did with the same exact suspension. The fronts however are chopped. I cut a full coil out of some EA81T springs. There are more mods on this thing than i can think of at this moment.

Hows the ride with the cut turbo springs? Does your rear suspension have bumpstops on it?

Ride is good. I bit harder than stock but not objectionable. It still leans a bit more in the corners than i would like even with the cut springs, XT6 rear sway and solid 20mm EA81 turbo front sway. but its not bad. Makes for a fun daily.