Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ultimate RX - Update (hella pics, hella flush)

Dude, you gave me inspiration to make a nice little wallpaper for myself with that coupe. If anyone else wants it here it is :)

rxiicoupe.jpg

Just set your background to white when you change it, and it'll come out looking all nice like this :)

RX-Wallpaper.jpg

If anyone wants any pictures made I'd be more then happy to help, I love making these old Subies stand out :D

Edited by rxleone

The clear stuff was plastiweld or something similar. I got it at OReillys.

The white stuff is GOOP brand epoxy. Pretty decent stuff. Next time around though, I would use bondo for the white filler, instead of GOOP... Sands slightly better.

Personally I like the way it looked with the rump roast in the air, reminded me of my old RX, but less dramatic :grin:

I always love seeing pics of this car, and the carbon fiber wrap on the hood looks real good with that blue paint and the overall style of the car. I think the hood scoop should be CF too though, but thats just me.

Oh and you shoulda replied to my PM a while back, I went to the JY and pulled a 5 speed S/R consol for you a while back, it woulda been a lot less work to mate it with the WRX boot :confused: but oh well, looks great!

-Bill

hey, i longboard at that parking garage! oh i was wondering, how did you deal with emissions with that motor swap? did you just get a waiver or what?

Sick! I see your wagon around, sometimes near my buddies house in Lynnwood, off 180th behind Cycle Barn.

To pass emissions I had Brody's (across teh street from Cycle Barn, great work!) install a 3" universal high flow catalytic converter. I then had to lower my idle a bit cause when warm I was over the limit. After that, it was just a matter of testing it 2 or 3 times till it passed. Just had to get the right combo of teh cat up to temp and working, engine in a clean no load range.

The car has a fully tunable engine management system in it, but the road tune I have from Dominic at Maxwell Power passed just fine. In fact, the first 3 or 4 times I tested the car I was trying to "tune" it to pass without the cat.

WOW you did a great job!!! I love the new shifter trim, I am sure tons of people would love to have something like that for their own car! Great job on the hood too, it looks so much better now! I saw that vinyl for sale at Mach V Motorsports in northern VA and it is pretty pricey but looks very nice. I wanted to get some for my laptop.

Not to steal your idea but I have an ugly hood on my turbo legacy, I think this would look good on my rig but where did you get the vinyl?

I work in the sign industry, I bought it through one of my suppliers.

It ran me roughly $27/ln ft. Material comes 4' wide, I needed 6' of width for the hood, but ordered in 8' for some extra. I spent about $216 all said and done.

I will admit, Tex has taken my orginal creation and made it his own. I really like what you have done to the car. At the time I did the hood, I didn't have my MIG or TIG welder, gas welding just caused way too much warpage. Next time I need to do something like that again, I will have the tools to do it right.

I bought the car with the Haltech installed. DR. RX originally put it in. That being said, I bought the car non-running because nobody spent the time to get into it with the Haltech.

Well I wouldn't say that nobody spent any time with the Haltech. I spent many hours on the phone long distance to Haltech in Australia, to a US representative to Haltech in So. Cal and several hours with a so called expert here in Washington. It might have been different if I had install the new spark plugs like I thought I did, I'm sure it would have run better. If I ever do something like this again, I will not use a Haltech.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

IF you ever plan on selling this please do let me know ill sign up for EOD just to get it:eek:

But really I LOVE your RX, it is absolutely astonishing (GD is probably thinking 'this kid is mental' :lol:"

I would rather have this RX then ANY wrx or sti

Awesome work!