Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Trevor

88 GL D/R Wagon - Another EJ Swap

That really bites the big 'un, but if you look at your car's value as a culmination of the parts you've put into it....they can be swapped over to another cheap wagon. That mindset is what finally made me decide to seriously off-road it. The body isn't worth near as much as what's under the hood!!!

Made some progress here. It has taken a while, but I found a really clean 91 Loyale with a dead motor and sourced all the parts to repair my EJ. Motor in the bay with the dual range and the lift is in.

photo-595.jpg

photo-806.jpg

photo-2101.jpg

photo-1159.jpg

photo-1656.jpg

That grey one looks super clean, sorry about your other one, but glad you found a decent replacement! Looks great with those Mazda wheels as well!

Project has been on hold for a while. But I have made a ton of progress in the last week.

Did not want wiring hanging above my feet on this build so I put my ECU in a box in the spare tire well. I picked the components up at lowes for about $30. It should keep water out.

photo-468.jpg

photo-729.jpg

Everything is good to go except radiator fans, which are "Out for Delivery" according to UPS :)

Can't wait to do some off roading!!

wow i read this thread and you did a really great job with both cars sorry aboput the first one i had that happen :( but the new one looks great.

Cheers R.

wow i read this thread and you did a really great job with both cars sorry aboput the first one i had that happen :( but the new one looks great.

Cheers R.

Thanks!

Painted my wheels last night, got me some plates and insurance, vacuumed, washed glass, and drove to work today for the first time.

photo-1411.jpg

photo-2173.jpg

Its been a while since I've said what-up, so I figured I'd show off the new kicks, and say hello! :) 14" BF AT's will hopefully make for a good summer outdoors!

photo-2005.jpg

0f346d3d.jpg

20122022.jpg