Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need some blanks filled

Hi, im new to subarus i have always liked them, I think that a subaru with the hi/low selection with a 5speed fuel injected is where it is lol so my question is are they cheap to work on? and are they good on gas even if they are running 29s? and one more, usually there are certain cars that a better if you can find them, is there a subaru that is better than most if you can find them? like have better factory stuff or something? Thanks.

Just like any other car, they are cheap to work on, as long as they don't break. :lol: the price of parts depends on where you buy. if you like self service junkyards, you're in luck.

a fuel injected D/R subaru is a good choice, and i get around 27 mpg on my wagon with 30's.

As for the extra's they are pretty much all the same. if you are a fan of cup holders, dont buy anything older than a legacy

Edited by Markus56

exterior rust is not too bad, check underneath look at the front and real frame rails . stay away from turbo cars. . IMHO. as for tires I'm running 24 inch , and i had to put in a 2 inch quick lift to fit them, 29 or bigger would require a 4 inch lift, and or allot of fender trimming and inner floor pan adjusting, so you wont rub fully turned and suspension fully compressed. others may disagree

Edited by ivantruckman