Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Biggest tires with no lift?

brysawn

205/70/15 tires on redrilled Toyota wheels.

3/4 inch spacer under rear springs (flipped over old perch) on 4wd shocks.

2WD sedan front springs mounted on cranked up '85/86 adjustable struts.

Generous trimming.

P1010055-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I think you'll be lucky to get one or two more pics, because there simply aren't that many of us w/o lift. The 2" suspension lift is so cheap and easy, there is really no reason to not do it. With 4", and 27's, I did have to trim and bash to avoid ALL rubbing.

so with a 2" lift and 27's you dont need to trim ? but with the 4" you do ?

i am still debating on a 2" or 4" . im thinking a 4" with 215's and some 14 or 15" pugs or redrilled 6 lugs ..

so with a 2" lift and 27's you dont need to trim ? but with the 4" you do ?

i am still debating on a 2" or 4" . im thinking a 4" with 215's and some 14 or 15" pugs or redrilled 6 lugs ..

It depends on the offset of your rims, with a stock offset you really wont need to trim with a 2" and 27" tires. With a positive offset such as my car has you will need to trim as they will stick out quite a bit further.

A 2" lift is a lot more simple then a 4" lift too so thats something to keep in mind, depending on how you do it.

It depends on the offset of your rims, with a stock offset you really wont need to trim with a 2" and 27" tires. With a positive offset such as my car has you will need to trim as they will stick out quite a bit further.

A 2" lift is a lot more simple then a 4" lift too so thats something to keep in mind, depending on how you do it.

Makes sense . I actually wanna use those same rims and tires you have lol seen yours a couple times on here and it caught my eye . Are those 14x7 rims ? On 27" bighorns right ?

• 3 months later...

It's a bit small, but here is a picture of my '94 GT in "winter mode" with 205/70/15's on Outback alloys.

picture.php?albumid=314&pictureid=3442

It doesn't seem like much at first, but this is the "impossible" tire size that everyone says doesn't fit on the first gen Legacies unless you swap in the later Outback struts to lift it. I have almost zero clearance against the rear struts and spring perches... and the tires probably only fit because they have a touch of camber wear on the inner sides. :)

For reference, the stock tires were 185/70/14s, so these are a bit over 3/4" wider, and 2+ inches taller. You can definitely tell the difference, the car sits noticeably higher up with these wheels/tires on it. icon14.gif

• 3 months later...

What does this break down to roughly in millimeters 29/12.5/15r Goodyear TERRA GRIP'S, i only ask because all tire sizes i could put on atleast for the time being have to be able to fit 17's. I have to wait till I can afford a down grade of my brakes so I can then put on 15's once that happens I could get these exact tires no sweat.

As far as new gens go I doubt there are alot of people looking but if there are, wrx u can fit almost anything on without lift maybe just a spacer at 1-1.5inch, or even bigger/taller springs from King collectively 2-3inches max. If there is anybody out there like me rocking an sti, according to the info I got today with the springs and spacers, 215 or 225/50-65 r 17 would in theory fit on the stock bbs rims, if I can make this functional and working i will post picks, at any rate it will probably be the tallest sti in washington without a massive lift. Will hopefully have springs and spacers on the car by oct.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What does this break down to roughly in millimeters 29/12.5/15r Goodyear TERRA GRIP'S, i only ask because all tire sizes i could put on atleast for the time being have to be able to fit 17's. I have to wait till I can afford a down grade of my brakes so I can then put on 15's once that happens I could get these exact tires no sweat.

As far as new gens go I doubt there are alot of people looking but if there are, wrx u can fit almost anything on without lift maybe just a spacer at 1-1.5inch, or even bigger/taller springs from King collectively 2-3inches max. If there is anybody out there like me rocking an sti, according to the info I got today with the springs and spacers, 215 or 225/50-65 r 17 would in theory fit on the stock bbs rims, if I can make this functional and working i will post picks, at any rate it will probably be the tallest sti in washington without a massive lift. Will hopefully have springs and spacers on the car by oct.

according to a calculator online a 29/12.5/15 tire translates to a 318/56/15,but there is no such thing as that size tire.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know off the top of their heads what can fit under an '06 impreza wagon? I'm going to drop in Forester struts (not sure about strut top spacers yet) and trailing arm spacers. I keep seeing people use 215/65/r16, but I just found a nice set of mud tires for cheap and they're 225/65/r16. I'd rather skip the sawzall part too. Thanks!

• 1 year later...