Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

methusalah, The winter has been off and on this year in WI. We only had a few days with snow, now its all gone, but cold (20s) we are going to have a chance for snow tomorrow I heard. Lake Geneva is where my Loyale originally came from back in '92.

The Motor is stock EA82 SPFI, and trans is a 3AT S/R 3.900, Tires are 27" Maxxis Bighorns and the only clearance issue I had was with the front fenders, I needed to trim them a little (Luckily before I got the fenders repainted)

Jon,

Its official in the sense that I am probably going to part this car out either way. You and I both know that no one is gonna offer $1,200 for this thing, unless they know all about Trashwagon and the like, and they find it cool. Otherwise, no one else will really comprehend why it is, the way it is.

What I am going to do at this moment, I have a nut splitter, which I am going to use on the Shift cable adjustment nut (As I can not break it loose) I will then adjust the shift level so it matches the transmission. Then I might as well drive it some to keep the miles off the FJ80, and maybe I will figure out why the "Newer" trans is making noises (Tapping) and something seems to grab/pull while making a turn (Thinking front diff)

In a few weeks time, I think I will be stripping this car down. At that point, I will ask to pick up your engine crane so I can begin the tear down. The last thing to be taken off the car will be the suspension/crossmembers.

Maybe before going that far, we can see about using some type of trailer to put the shell on and then drop the suspension, then it will just be off to Al's and junk the rest. What do you think about this? Let me know. I don't want to deal with the hassle of having them pick it up, if I don't have to (Unless you think that would be easier)

Is this seriously that one? That thing was soooo rotted! This dude says its kinda clean.

The phone number matches, so yep, that's the one. :popcorn:

It *was* clean... for a sub $1000 car. ;) But rotted too! :Flame:

It was a Wisconsin car its whole life, so the underside rusted out.... but the topside paint was pretty good, even still shiny in the clearcoat. It genuinely did drive well... tracked straight on the highway, tight suspension, solid transmission, and just a bit of a tick at startup and then it smoothed out nicely.

I basically sold it for above scrap price, but less than what you could make parting it out. He got a deal for sure, I just didn't have the space or time to deal with it, and was losing money by keeping insurance on it. I suppose I can't be too upset seeing it back for sale (even at 2x+ the price) - because that means it is still on the road. icon14.gif

I wonder if he fixed the gas tank leak and the brakes... or if he decided it was over his head?

I'm right there with you on that.

If I had a garage, I would have bought that shell that bheinen74 parted out. Between the two, you could have made a nearly rust free, mechanically excellent 4WD Loyale for like $1200 total - in the midwest of all places. :-\

I find it odd that someone would pay insurance on a car they are not driving. But i am doing the same thing, i insured the xt to drive it home, and left it on because the multi-car discount makes the policy cheaper than one car. I need to roll it over to the car that i am actually driving.

State law in wisconsin permits you to quit your insurance withouth being obligated to terms, you only pay for the the you are active on it. (so i was told against my assumptions)

I basically sold it for above scrap price, but less than what you could make parting it out. He got a deal for sure, I just didn't have the space or time to deal with it, and was losing money by keeping insurance on it. I suppose I can't be too upset seeing it back for sale (even at 2x+ the price) - because that means it is still on the road. icon14.gif

I find it odd that someone would pay insurance on a car they are not driving.

If it was off the road, I would have dropped the insurance for sure. But it was on the street, and driven from block to block at least once every four days or so to keep from getting tickets. I used it for short trips too when the Legacy was out for repairs. icon14.gif

If it was off the road, I would have dropped the insurance for sure. But it was on the street, and driven from block to block at least once every four days or so to keep from getting tickets. I used it for short trips too when the Legacy was out for repairs. icon14.gif

Yep, by state law you can not park an uninsured vehicle on the street. (Plus if someone hits it and pushes it into a Neighbors car/tree, you won't be liable for damages)

I only have Insurance on the FJ80 now, the Loyale is under "Storage" just to keep it on my insurance. The Legacy has been removed some weeks ago.

It's still a good idea to keep comprehensive insurance on an undriven vehicle in case some act of nature or the building it is in falls on it, or is vandalized/broken into. Generally comp insurance will cover items in the car as well as long as it is not part of the car, such as the audio system or other gadgets. But if there was a TV or laptop or other valuable in there that was ripped off, it may be covered.

True, and good call.

If a neighbors tree falls on it, their home owners will cover the car, if my Garage falls on it, my home owners covers it. And there is no chance it'll get broken into in my driveway. the damn thing is unlocked anyhow lol. There is nothing worth while in it, and this is Waukesha.

I got a reply from dude with the '87 GL-10. $2,000 firm. So if I can move this Legacy for $1,000, I can proceed.

I bought a nut splitter from Northern Tool, so maybe I will be able to break off the nut for the gear cable adjustment.

Somebody, take this thing off my hands $900 for a USMB member, $1,000 for general population.

I thought I remembered seeing that bumper for sale, separate from the car at one point. Did I imagine that, or did it get reunited?

Yes, that douche in MI tried to say he made the bumper and was selling it for $250.

At least he gave it with the car when dude in MN bought it!

Scott, if I get onto this thing. You will have dibs on the bumper.

There is a '83 Ski team car for sale in Oconomowoc for $1,200 (I've seen this one outside a bar in Waukesha once)

Trashwagon10 drives really nice now, all the noises have went away and so have the vibrations, it might have been the exhaust hitting something. Since I dropped it and remounted it, maybe its sitting better now.

The gear shift matches the transmission now, ATF is full, Gear oil full. Its almost a shame to sell this thing now.

There is a '83 Ski team car for sale in Oconomowoc for $1,200 (I've seen this one outside a bar in Waukesha once)

I saw that one too. I'm looking at my empty wallet, wondering how I could swing it. :(

What kind of shape was the body in, rust wise?

I saw that one too. I'm looking at my empty wallet, wondering how I could swing it. :(

What kind of shape was the body in, rust wise?

Rust on the rockers and I'm sure its a POS on the underside. Why do you think I am not after it.

I am still selling the Legacy, $900.

YOu got me thinkin' really hard on this. I have 3 people interested in my brown wagon for a few hundo, and have sold most of my minibike and scooter stuff already. I did get you pm and am weighing the option considerably

So what to do with my money?

1. Security deposit to secure a lease and move in june $700

2. conceal carry weapon $4-600

3. another car $9-1100

4. 10 oz. silver $350 before it becomes too expensive

(1) i still have 3 months, and a few $$$ worth of things to sell yet

(2) don't need now if i stay out of situations that would compromise my safety

(3) I have half of this already, and the other half if i sold the GL

(4) already have 9 oz

YOu got me thinkin' really hard on this. I have 3 people interested in my brown wagon for a few hundo, and have sold most of my minibike and scooter stuff already. I did get you pm and am weighing the option considerably

So what to do with my money?

1. Security deposit to secure a lease and move in june $700

2. conceal carry weapon $4-600

3. another car $9-1100

4. 10 oz. silver $350 before it becomes too expensive

(1) i still have 3 months, and a few $$$ worth of things to sell yet

(2) don't need now if i stay out of situations that would compromise my safety

(3) I have half of this already, and the other half if i sold the GL

(4) already have 9 oz

i personally would order them like this...

1 4 3 2. 2 and 3 optionally ordered.

1, depends how much you wanna move to the other place.

4, can bring you some serious bank, so you'd be good to load up on it while the going is good.

3, cars will come and go. theres alot of them.

2.. unless you are in your home or in your car.. capping someone is gonna land you in more ************ than you probably want to deal with.