Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

Aside from trying to come up with another car, i got my budget pretty much in order. Only the last 25% of my goals are based o the bet that my other things will sell.

This is only compounded by not having a job to stack money faster. If i gave up the coin hobby, i will have $130 in pennies to cash in, $32 in nickels, and at least 50 bucks in state quarters, if i fell short somewhere and needed the money. I do not want to sell my silver, as this defeats the purpose of having it to begin with; it is now a permanent investment.

The immediate goal is to throw down the security deposit as that is priority 1, and then what i have left plus selling my brown wagon would mostly put me in a trashwagon.

If i gave up the coin hobby, i will have $130 in pennies to cash in, $32 in nickels, and at least 50 bucks in state quarters, if i fell short somewhere and needed the money.

Is that $$ in face value, or collector value?

It's always a shame when people cash in coin collections at the bank... all that time and effort to collect them, just down the drain. :-\

Is that $$ in face value, or collector value?

It's always a shame when people cash in coin collections at the bank... all that time and effort to collect them, just down the drain. :-\

The bulk pennies are face value. their intrinsic value would be x3 in their metal content for melt value. As i have been accumulating pennies, I am keeping the wheats and the canadians. I have 3 whitman's collector folders from 1909-current. I have the last 2 almost full with the exception of a few years and mint marks. I have one full dime folder. I have about half of the 1909-1959 wheat pennies. My earliest is 1916. These are all coins form circulation by bank roll searching.

So with the hoarding of coins, the collectible ones go in the folders, and the rest get hoarded for metal, or go back to the bank. I have 250 in dimes to return to the bank as i only found one silver coin in a whole box. With the overall effort, i am keeping pre-82 pennies, all nickels from pocket change, 2009 dimes, and state quarters, and any silver coin that turns up in bank rolls or as pocket change. If i could sell any of the coins for over face, i would buy silver coins with it. Same with any junk metal to the scrapper, use the money to get coin.

It's cash laying around that i forget i have.

So i could liquidate about $350 in coins without cashing in the collected ones.

Yes, that is my intention. I would be asking if you could change the title to Trashwagon10 or something similar. I will keep the car i its current glory as it is a finished product and doesn't need to be messed around with. It is already how i would do it up anyway!

How about that. That car could sell for 2500 with all fresh parts. I bet you can sell it off to Subaru City as they want to get an inventory of used soobs. They would offer 1500 on average. Clean car = book value!

Dude could make bank with a $500 car, and $500 worth of parts. Dude would be looking to sell out of the Brighton once this car is running/driving.

What is with you an '96s? Do you like emissions or something? :-p

To bad I don't really have any extra parts. I do have an axle which is good. The CV end is good, and if I stick on a good DOJ it will be a working axle you can have. Save your self $60.

We'll see what I get with that GL, some of it might be of use to you.

i hear ya, you would think that if you maintain it and dont beat the ************ out of it, it should be a fine motor. maybe if anything a turbo timer on it so it gives the turbo a little time to cool down slower would be a good option.

but i guess a... "why buy a turbo if you arent going to use it!" mentality takes over at some point.

that thing should be solid for a long time with the bedliner and crap on it. i'd love to find a clean ea82 body, not that i dont like holes in the bottom of the car... LOL

I like watching the white lines pass from under me on the freeway, makes me feel safe *Cough* (Plus I never need to stop and take a piss)

Yeah, I am gonna drive it back. I am not gonna buy a Tow dolly at the moment, and I am not gonna put Jons clutch under that stress, and I am not paying for gas for a 1500 Ram 360 5.9L. Although, a 2500 Ram with the 360 and is 7,000lbs still gets better fuel milage then an 80-Series (Gotta love Straight-6s with a 25gal tank) Doh!

when i was driving my car around with no wheel wells.. a rock stuck in my tire and got tossed right past me and hit the windshield. how awesome would it be to explain a rock chip on the INSIDE of the car. LOL.

hopefully what he said about the engine heating up a little bit isnt anything more serious than maybe an air bubble or something.