Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

I suppose WI would be the oldschool concentration in the midwest, along with the desmoines iowa and duluth MN crowd. in the PNW anyone has old subarus, but here, only the die-hard have them.

This is due to us actively seeking these cars, whereas anywhere else, people have them incidentally the same as other makes because they are cheap.

It's nice to have local folk within local distance. When i was in indiana, either I was and my immediate friends were the subaru scene, or i sould have to travel out of state for subaru functions/meeting/parts.

It takes a little more effort for us, for one, trying to find them, 2, finding rust free ones, and 3 actually wanting one. In the midwest, the only peole who have old subarus are the ones who are aware of them. I would say that 80% of midwesterners are not aware of 80's subarus, and are only familiar with crocodile dundee's impression of outback wagons.

People commonly thing subarus are an australian car.

It definitely is an improvement to drve vs a rust gl wagon. The steering is a little weird, but nothing a steering rack wont fix, which i have one to use.

I suppose i should ask what switched so what, as they are either not doing anything, or turning on things that dont see from inside the car.

she smells a little of ATF, but there are 2 bottles in the back seat, and the trans that was there. I junked the trans with some copper pipes and scraps that i had, just so it didnt ruin the tailgate or windows.

I did take it around the neighborhood in the snow last night when i moved it to park it. The brakes are definitely more solid than the 94 legacy. I tried to convince liz to use it at jimmy john's today. The headlights seem to aim a little high, as far as lighting up road signs blocks ahead.

Do the HID's supercede the original halogen bulbs? I wonder if i could modify the headlights to acommodate both the HID bulbs, and regular bulbs for lo beam, and wire them accordingly to function as hi-lo.

I keep finding more goodies all over the car that i didnt know came with it. I see where you once had a CB, but i got one to replace it with.

I have been removing the stereo faceplate to prevent broken windows. I was afraid someone would break into the car to steal the trans for junk.

The two switches by the shifter are for the off road lights, The oval one is for the lights on top and the square one is for the bumper lights. The wires might have popped off when I removed the panels to remove the CB (I tossed in an EA82 cubby in place of it lol)

The HIDs might be up a tad high, but they do cover "EVERYTHING" other people hate them, but they do wonders out in the boonies.

There is half bottle of ATF in the back, and some 10w-40 oil I use. I'm glad it drives better then the GL. The brakes had new rotors and pads (Right before we did the Chicago run for that XT6) New O2 sensors, Starter, and whatever else I did to the motor.

You might get a Check engine light sooner or later, but its only a P0420 Cat code (Because of the header)

People commonly thing subarus are an australian car.

wait.. its not? crikey.

:brow:

being as odd to see as they are, the rare times i do see an old soob rolling down the street by a total NON soob type person, i always wonder.. how the heck did they end up with it.

wait.. its not? crikey.

:brow:

being as odd to see as they are, the rare times i do see an old soob rolling down the street by a total NON soob type person, i always wonder.. how the heck did they end up with it.

Just remember, Reagen owned a Brat. I don't think he looked like a "Subaru Person" guess it takes all kinds. Doesn't look like he took very good care of his Subaru :lol:

brat-oe6.jpg

brat-oe11.jpg

brat-oe12.jpg

brat-oe5.jpg

brat-oe13.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale

So wait... Whats next in the TW chapter? TW11? The board might seem a little... empty? without the TW10 thread being always at or near the top of the list! :lol:

We are already up to Trashwagon13, but TW10 is the only real complete Trashwagon in existence.

It is possible the '87 GL-10 might sport a TW paint job (This is only a slight possibility at the moment) although, it will probably go more down the Safariwagon road.

MilesFox, you need to get some new pics of you behind the wheel of your new toy! :banana:

I still have an un-uploaded video of TW10 snow drifting in a Church parking lot from Dec, I need to edit and upload.

what'd i do wrong? other than switchin up the color scheme?

You don't have enough stickers. Plus the entire car isn't painted, you painted strips over the original gray lol! 75% true Trashwagon.

You also don't have all the funky stuff in your that I put in mine :cool:

well. i didnt paint the whole car because the paint was actually good. LOL.

partially defined as purpose built machine, my purpose doesnt need random reflectors on the bumper, or a yellow spinning light. But i DO have a working PA system :headbang:

i do still want to do some diamond plate door card inserts tho. however, that ************s spendy.

well. i didnt paint the whole car because the paint was actually good. LOL.

partially defined as purpose built machine, my purpose doesnt need random reflectors on the bumper, or a yellow spinning light. But i DO have a working PA system :headbang:

i do still want to do some diamond plate door card inserts tho. however, that ************s spendy.

See if you can find the Aluminum Diamond plate, its a little cheeper (And lighter) I think a 24"x24" is like $15 (And you'll need 4) so yeah, still spendy.

But cool.

i dunno, rear doors dont really count much as i dont really have seats back there. LOL.

oh i just heard that someone took a dump on the escalator at work. bahaha. thats awesome.

we'll see if i get to that project, replacing the radius rod bushings is more important at the moment, ************s loose as hell!

I would also see about spacing down the Radius rods by 1/2" just to keep a little less stress off the bushing.

Funny how that little rod is the only thing keeping your wheel from ramming into the Fender wall/Door.

yeah, i just hope the bolts and crap come apart with less effort, im trying to wait till its a little warmer out. i was gonna space them down, in general just to keep the bushing lasting longer. plus, lowering it should technically push the wheel forward minimally.

i like bills control arms with the diamond plate welded on to them, making it one large control arm.

I had a 92 legacy FWD i got for 160 bucks with half a motor and swapped a good motor and new clutch in. I sold this car. It would have been trashwagon11.

My current 94 legacy is unofficially trashwagon 12. It is blue. tw6.jpg

Trashwagon 6 was blue with all others the black scheme. I already painted the bottom of the car white. It is in all stock condition, but i did swap to dual piston calipers, so it counts.

Scott's car is officially trashwagon13. I call it complete. The scheme works on the original paint. Although traditionally, the stripe is orange:brow:. But the original scheme is designed to fit over any body color. there is a white scheme as seen on the toyota camper and the u-haul toyota. I have yet to do one on an orange body.

Trashwagon10 95 legacy outback was originally supposed to be TrashWagon8MkII as it could have been a replica of the original being the exact make, year, model, and trim as trashwagon8, but this was AT where the first one was MT.

aluminum.JPG

The original was gunmetal grey with aluminum sheet skins for the lower portion, and aluminum taped-out rear tail panel and marker lites, and eyelids up front, chrome grille.

In nomenclature, TrashWagon10 was reserved for a specific build to be labeled TrashWagonX, with X being roman numeral. This would have been an ea81t wagon with rx ea82 and trans swap, ea82 suspension swap with xt6 5 lug.

Paint jobs scheme work well with others.

tw901.jpg

twin6.JPG

tw5front.jpg

camper8.jpg

Edited by MilesFox