Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

That' s some nice work area you have there! You get to use that garage to work on your Sub? No wonder it is such a pimp ride.

No, thats just the AT&T garage. I'm not allow to use it, although, I could if I get there late enough (After 10pm) and no one would know.

What all was involved in the retrofit. I may snag the one off my grandmothers 91.

Lol, "Gimmie that cover Granny!"

All you need to do is trim a spot for the EGR and Vac lines so the cover will seat all the way down. You also need to the two metal brackets that bolt to the intake of course.

:popcorn:

Retrofit first gen EJ22 cover.

2011_0204Test0001.jpg

Lol, "Gimmie that cover Granny!"

All you need to do is trim a spot for the EGR and Vac lines so the cover will seat all the way down. You also need to the two metal brackets that bolt to the intake of course.

:popcorn:

HAH, looks familiarly exactly like mine, even down to the strut top dust covers!! :clap:

And some rubber grommets in the holes in those metal brackets hold the cover on nice and tight... Will get pix of the grommets for you...

P1010431.JPG

Edited by superu

Which dome light? Center or the rear cargo dome? My car originally came with the center dome and a cargo light, I added the Map-light from another Legacy, and then I changed the rear cargo light for one from a '98 Outback, due to its a different style.

I wonder why only the Autos have an EGR? :confused:

Which dome light? Center or the rear cargo dome? My car originally came with the center dome and a cargo light, I added the Map-light from another Legacy, and then I changed the rear cargo light for one from a '98 Outback, due to its a different style.

I wonder why only the Autos have an EGR? :confused:

where did you tap in for the map light???

that would make my day seriously if I could have a map light lol

and the auto's have a EGR because it's something emissions related.. I don't miss it one bit.. I had one stick open on a 98 Forester.

where did you tap in for the map light???

that would make my day seriously if I could have a map light lol

and the auto's have a EGR because it's something emissions related.. I don't miss it one bit.. I had one stick open on a 98 Forester.

I just ran a wire off from the center lights power (As its a constant 12v) the maplight grounds its self with one of the screws.

I'm kinda surprised the 5spd doesn't have the same emissions crap? WTF. Making it a 5spd isn't gonna change its emissions :rolleyes:

did you have to drop your headliner? mine is starting to sag a bit but man i don't want to have to deal with the hassle of trying to find the map lights...

I might not be able to put one in because of the aftermarket sunroof switch might be in the way

No, you do not remove the headliner. Just map out where the hole is (Look at the car you took it off of) then just cut the hole and the tapped screw holes will be there.

I have a Gray Maplight from a first gen Lego, I will see if it lines up the same. If so, you want it?

No, you do not remove the headliner. Just map out where the hole is (Look at the car you took it off of) then just cut the hole and the tapped screw holes will be there.

I have a Gray Maplight from a first gen Lego, I will see if it lines up the same. If so, you want it?

let me double check in my car first if so I will take it.. just my sunroof switch might be in the way.. I will try and grab a pic tomorrow.

let me double check in my car first if so I will take it.. just my sunroof switch might be in the way.. I will try and grab a pic tomorrow.

Ok sounds good.

Well, no other guesses to what these headrests are from? I will answer it now, They are from a Silver 2000 Forester Limited! That is the only Forester with this style of headrest, the XT6 has a similar style.