Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

Why the hell did they put it right there? Looks odd. Well that blows, you could rig up some aftermarket map light maybe.

All the Legacys I have seen with a Sunroof also have a larger headunit which has maplights and window controls on it. I wonder if you can retrofit one of those onto yours. I'm sure the window control connector would be the same, plus with the larger unit, it'll cover up that stain :)

-Tom

Not sure.. the large button allows the sunroof to stay open with the car off or close when I turn off the car.

I never understood the placement of it as well..

Not sure if it works with the factory controls the sunroof is ASC.

So the sunroof was an aftermarket application?

man lol you got me wanting maplights but I'm going to be putting in some very bright leds..

just a few questions.. how did you get the headliner down to wire to the center dome light?

and Do you think it's possible I can move that sunroof switch? lol i doubt it will work with the subaru switch.

Changed the rear cargo light, with one out of a '98 Outback Limited. Yes there is a difference in style and this one uses a larger bulb which puts out way more light!

2011_0209Test0007.jpg

2011_0209Test0008.jpg

That outback rear cargo light does it still use that tiny twist bulb or a festoon?

and the map lights are the bulbs at an angle? No one has any good ebay shots of the rear of it I take it the lights are angled.

just wondering before I spend $30 on one from an 02 wrx.. funny how they all look the same up until around 2005

that might help

pics are here - sent you a pm - I have the factory wire diagram for this thing if you want it - might help you determine if you can use the switches or not...

also note that the area where the maplight housing is mountied is "raised" from its surroundings...

(and the dents in the headliner were from some toothpic sized flags...the ones you get from veterans)

post-89-136027646098_thumb.jpg

post-89-136027646108_thumb.jpg

Edited by heartless

i found what might be a wire diagram for the ASC sunroof but I'd have to see with the Subaru one..

if need be I will move the switch over under the visor since I don't open the sunroof all that much anyways.

I mean the switch must be basic.. but has a control to allow it to stay open when the car is off or close when the car is turned off.

I want to guess with the map lights you have 12V coming in splitting off to each maplight right?

Edited by 1-3-2-4

yup, one green wire w/yellow stripe powers in - grounded thru the mounting screws, runs to one light then the other...

tom - there is no "popping" the switch out - you could remove the buttons, but that would be it - the surround is solid...

wire diagram sent.

yup, one green wire w/yellow stripe powers in - grounded thru the mounting screws, runs to one light then the other...

tom - there is no "popping" the switch out - you could remove the buttons, but that would be it - the surround is solid...

wire diagram sent.

I guess I can cut and splice in the LED driver after the connection in the roof.

As for the ground that might be a little tricky.

And for the sunroof I'm sitting here looking at the pdf and I just noticed my switch it has express open and vent options but I think the old school switches did not have express open did they?

When I have the courage to take the switch out of the headliner I will take a look at the backside but hmm not too sure now.

Also feeling around it seems like the area under the visor is hallow.

I guess I can cut and splice in the LED driver after the connection in the roof.

As for the ground that might be a little tricky.

And for the sunroof I'm sitting here looking at the pdf and I just noticed my switch it has express open and vent options but I think the old school switches did not have express open did they?

When I have the courage to take the switch out of the headliner I will take a look at the backside but hmm not too sure now.

Also feeling around it seems like the area under the visor is hallow.

no, there is nothing "express" about my sun/moonroof - at least not when sliding it back - the "up" function is pretty quick LOL

also, when "closing" from the slid back position - it will close to a certain point, then stop, you have to release the button and hit it again to close fully - some sort of safety thing - they want you to make sure there are no fingers in the way?

yeah, there should be some space between the headliner & the metal roof of the car - it will vary by location as to how much.

just had a thought - how big is your existing switch housing? - from the pic it doesnt look like it is too big - it might be possible to remove the factory switch and cut/trim the housing to fit your switch in its place?

Edited by heartless

no, there is nothing "express" about my sun/moonroof - at least not when sliding it back - the "up" function is pretty quick LOL

also, when "closing" from the slid back position - it will close to a certain point, then stop, you have to release the button and hit it again to close fully - some sort of safety thing - they want you to make sure there are no fingers in the way?

yeah, there should be some space between the headliner & the metal roof of the car - it will vary by location as to how much.

on mine it express opens and closes express meaning no need to press twice like you said.. it will only stop closing if something gets in the way when closing.

Like the family dog, or my 24" King Kong dong.

hahah:clap:

I got my fingers crossed that my first LED order for the dome light will be in tomorrow.. 3-up Star LED at 350 mA with an output of around 437 lm which is like almost 4 times brighter then what's in the car now...

it would be cool to have the lights fade out after like 10 seconds or so.