Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

What? Foreground?

There are 4 larger bulbs (194s I think?) that light up the Tach and Speed-o along with shining down into the clutster.

Then there are a series of very small bulbs that light up the indicator lights and help light up the gauges.

Edited by TheLoyale

the foreground lighting on the dash in the picture are the lights above the speedo and tach that shines down on the gauges? It seems driving with another color would be annoying I was going to do something like that but I want everything white but not that annoying bright foreground flood of light.

True but I think I need like 6 or so.. I forgot what the total amount was like near $30.. I'd have to double check

What are you trying to do? You'd only need 4 bulbs to change your gauge cluster color - the other bulbs are only for the dummie lights/Blinkers etc.

I just ordered Green HP-LEDs for mine, only cost $14 plus shipping.

He's to slow at it! I can have it out in like 3-min. I've taken pretty much the entire dash apart 3 times and have taken the entire dash out once in another Legacy.

I didn't get those LEDs, I bought other ones (Still wedge style)

I will post a pic when I get the bulbs in (Whenever they come)

He's to slow at it! I can have it out in like 3-min. I've taken pretty much the entire dash apart 3 times and have taken the entire dash out once in another Legacy.

I didn't get those LEDs, I bought other ones (Still wedge style)

I will post a pic when I get the bulbs in (Whenever they come)

I just ordered myself came to $25.13 4 the large one and 2 #74 LED's all in white.

Replaced a front axle today, CVJ was knocking like mad (Could feel it even driving straight) I replaced it with another used axle I had, I disassembled the replacing axle and cleaned it with Diesel and re-greased it with "Blue Grease" Can't find the Black Industrial grease anymore WTF?

No more knocking nor clicking! Awe So smooth now.

It only took me about 20min to swap axles today, I rebuilt the axle the night pryer.

Replaced a front axle today, CVJ was knocking like mad (Could feel it even driving straight) I replaced it with another used axle I had, I disassembled the replacing axle and cleaned it with Diesel and re-greased it with "Blue Grease" Can't find the Black Industrial grease anymore WTF?

No more knocking nor clicking! Awe So smooth now.

It only took me about 20min to swap axles today, I rebuilt the axle the night pryer.

lol I drove my impreza FWD with an axle like that until it just snapped when i made a slow speed right turn across the street from my job.

Fun times little car was a trooper!

I see your post office is not lazy like it is here.. I have to wait an extra day because it was unable to make it 80 miles from my house in Hartford...

But anyways should be here tomorrow early I hope because I gotta run out and do some PC work.

I just ordered some more bulbs, 2 for the Maplights in the Loyale and 1 for the Dome light in the Legacy.

What do you think about the green and white? I like how the White kicks in right at 80mph.

It's not really noticeable on the speedo but more so on the tach but not really feeling the white and green

I already have a LED in my dome light but I want to change it to a 3W LED but for that I'm going to have to tint my windows.. too damn bright...

I do have a 5 LED 168 in the rear lift gate light.

LED's came today but unlikey I'd be able to install them today beccause it always seems when you get new stuff for the car everyone in your family wants you to take them places.. :mad:

So? Take your kin when they need to go - and change the bulbs in the parking lot MilesFox style yo! I'm a fan of working on my car in parking lots :grin:

Good luck dude.

So? Take your kin when they need to go - and change the bulbs in the parking lot MilesFox style yo! I'm a fan of working on my car in parking lots :grin:

Good luck dude.

lol i did do something like that before haha when I had my 03 Forester XS I took the whole clock out of the dash to get to the blown out bulbs it was great :banana:

I'd see man.. I just took some quick shots of the led themselves.

7dcd27ed.jpg

a6b9711c.jpg