Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

very nice vid manthat acedent sucked i want to do gen 2 forester struts and springs soon.ok ware did it get the name trashwagin ? when mine is done i want urban asalt on mine:banana::banana:

Search, Trashwagon or MilesFox. On youtube or on the internet.

I dunno if 2nd gen Forester struts would work on the 95-99 Outback/Legacy. you'd want 96-99 Outback struts, with 98-01 Forester springs and Tophats.

• 2 weeks later...

TheLoyale,

Can you do me a favor and measure your rig from center of the hub to top of the fender?

You're running 1st gen forester springs in your OB struts right? I think that's what you/we decided for your build, right?

This measure is from the ground and will be different than yours, but it kind of illustrates where ion the fender line I'm looking for a measurement. This setup gives me 17 from hub center to fender flare. I think your FOR spring may afford a bit more height.

(this is 2nd gen OB springs in 1st gen OB struts, sitting on 27" generals)

3a.jpg

3b.jpg

I'm in the middle of some front spring options and want to get a little more info before I do the FOR spring swap in front...

thanks dude!

-mark-

haha I'm finally replacing my blown struts tomorrow it looks like.. at 232 (almost 233) I think all 4 are gone.

I get some serious wheel hop from the left rear corner if powering up a ramp at wot.. I'm hoping downshifts wont feel so jerky in the car now.. almost any bump and the rear end now is like bouncing for like 3 seconds lmao.

in the summer I might be looking for forester struts but not for long term

Yeah my old struts were so gone, You can feel the wheel shaking and bouncing after hitting a bump or train tracks. Was kinda fun to just beat it with the bad struts. Jumping it and everything LOL!

haha I'm finally replacing my blown struts tomorrow it looks like.. at 232 (almost 233) I think all 4 are gone.

I get some serious wheel hop from the left rear corner if powering up a ramp at wot.. I'm hoping downshifts wont feel so jerky in the car now.. almost any bump and the rear end now is like bouncing for like 3 seconds lmao.

in the summer I might be looking for forester struts but not for long term