Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

hahah:clap:

I got my fingers crossed that my first LED order for the dome light will be in tomorrow.. 3-up Star LED at 350 mA with an output of around 437 lm which is like almost 4 times brighter then what's in the car now...

it would be cool to have the lights fade out after like 10 seconds or so.

In order to have the lights fade out, you could rig up a center light from a Kia Rio (And any other car which has that) as its on the dome light its self. You could probably make your own with a resister and compassitor or something.

In order to have the lights fade out, you could rig up a center light from a Kia Rio (And any other car which has that) as its on the dome light its self. You could probably make your own with a resister and compassitor or something.

since I got like a zillion undone electronic projects here why not just add an extra one..

only thing is it might take an pretty big cap to get 10 seconds.. something over 550 uF

since I got like a zillion undone electronic projects here why not just add an extra one..

only thing is it might take an pretty big cap to get 10 seconds.. something over 550 uF

You wouldn't need a big cap, just a 555 timer and transistor. Then it would be a very small cap.

My 98 GT limited has the light that "fades out". It doesn't really fade, a relay under the dash clicks and it's off. And it has nothing to do with the resistance of the bulb, because I have an LED in mine. The light stays on for maybe a minute, but shuts off immediately when I lock the doors with the remote or turn on the ignition.

I bet you could steal the control box for that from a JY car.

Usually with that stuff you can just unplug two connectors and put the control box in between them in the cars that didn't come with it from the factory, that way Subaru doesn't have to make different wiring harnesses. Just plug in different accessories.

What is the gain in hollowing out the air intake box? Is it less restrictive, giving the engine better response? I notice sometimes when I stand on it, it'll pause for a second and slowly rev up. Is this from the air box?

I might hollow it out and see what its like then.

What is the gain in hollowing out the air intake box? Is it less restrictive, giving the engine better response? I notice sometimes when I stand on it, it'll pause for a second and slowly rev up. Is this from the air box?

I might hollow it out and see what its like then.

Do you still have your cats? Do you have a big cone filter? Is the resonator removed from the fender? Or just the stock box and exhaust?

Do you still have your cats? Do you have a big cone filter? Is the resonator removed from the fender? Or just the stock box and exhaust?

I still have both cats, but run an UEL header. I just removed the air box resonator. I took it apart and thought there was more to it lol. Not what I was expecting. I have the stock air box. How would you run a cone filter on there anyway? How would the MAF flange bolt up?

I still have both cats, but run an UEL header. I just removed the air box resonator. I took it apart and thought there was more to it lol. Not what I was expecting. I have the stock air box. How would you run a cone filter on there anyway? How would the MAF flange bolt up?

you need a adapter plate

I didn't know they made such a thing. Cool!
yeah I had one on my 1.8L impreza sounded cool but not going to do it again since I go offroad and that's the last thing I need to happen.. it's bad enough my ECU got muddy water on it and shorted out on the trail.. lucky for me a buddy had a spare in his car that matched the one I had.

yeah I had one on my 1.8L impreza sounded cool but not going to do it again since I go offroad and that's the last thing I need to happen.. it's bad enough my ECU got muddy water on it and shorted out on the trail.. lucky for me a buddy had a spare in his car that matched the one I had.

What I'm going to do is, since I removed the in-fender air box, I am gonna run PVC from the air filter box and then out into the engine bay (Where it normally comes out)

I used to run my impreza almost like that but left the filter in the engine bay it was nice.

Oh and to your other question about the car hesitating when you go WOT from a stand still..

Well think of it.. think of how much air now has to rush into the cylinders that's why most cars (I know my 98 forester had it) have a plenum think of it as like a storage box for air..

I can't find you any pictures but it sat right behind the TB and I think they said "Subaru" on it but it was just a empty box.

Oh my 3-up star LED came.. I would of installed tonight but my heatsink has not come in yet.. sucks weather was very nice today 61 F but tomorrow it's going to be in the 30's

I know the part your talking about, looks like a plastic dildo and is part of the air intake. From what I know, only the 2.5s had that? Every Legacy with 2.2 at the Junkyard have the same air box as yours and mine.

So thats what that thing is for eh.. Never knew that.

As for take off, I guess thats another reason for a M/T, you can hold the RPMs up a little (1500rpm) and then hit it hard, rather then going from 600rpm to 3/4 throttle.

I know the part your talking about, looks like a plastic dildo and is part of the air intake. From what I know, only the 2.5s had that? Every Legacy with 2.2 at the Junkyard have the same air box as yours and mine.

So thats what that thing is for eh.. Never knew that.

As for take off, I guess thats another reason for a M/T, you can hold the RPMs up a little (1500rpm) and then hit it hard, rather then going from 600rpm to 3/4 throttle.

Well close.. but not really.. I had a hard time finding the pic but you can see it here

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/vehicle-pictures/2005/subaru/forester/2240-050-engine-480.jpg

the large box in front of the throttle box. The air filter is where it's always at.

the little "dildo thing" is nothing but a resonator tuned to keep any unwanted intake sounds down.

OH THAT BOX! I always thought there was a filter in there (Double filter WTF lol)

Ok, I know what we're talking about now. So thats supposed to keep extra air so in the event of hard take off the engine will have something ASAP, hmmmm.

Well close.. but not really.. I had a hard time finding the pic but you can see it here

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/vehicle-pictures/2005/subaru/forester/2240-050-engine-480.jpg

the large box in front of the throttle box. The air filter is where it's always at.

the little "dildo thing" is nothing but a resonator tuned to keep any unwanted intake sounds down.

maybe I'm dreaming or my dome light switch is nuts.. but it never came on when I had it set to "on" but it will turn on when set to door.. bad connection maybe?

lol my bad while typing this I see the On setting grounds to a ring terminal on the light switch lol..

pictures when I'm done (can't wait till night time)