Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

Oh man I went to go check this car out :P

photos..

sorry forgot to take some in the inside but black leather no sunroof (no biggie) and heated seats and outdoor mirrors.

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

I went to see the car (paid for)

No HG leak.. only thing is the tranny was like bone dry so I went out and put in 2 qt of diff fluid..

Anyways while I did not drive the car more then 2 Ft forward and backwards I had no problems with 1st, 2nd or getting into reverse.. HOWEVER in neutral or any gear the tranny makes this sound I'm so sorry I did not do a video on my phone I forgot all about it..

the closest sound I can describe it as being a rotating sound from what sounds like from inside the tranny.. I'm not sure if it would be the TOB I felt the tranny case and I did not feel that much vibration so it could be the TOB?

Anyways 2 Qt got me up to the middle of the diff dipstick.

Also no HG issues that I can see of but I did not let it fully warm up since the gas was very low and the light was on but good thing I brought my HF jump pack with me since the battery was flat.

other then that above it looked good.

PS: Oh and exceeding the towing capacity is what its all about when you slap

a hitch on a Suby.

My BRAT pulled a 93 hoondah accordian over 3 miles, in traffic before :D

Nice!!

I must've missed the bulletin mentioning not to tow (a 1978 Coleman tent trailer) with a 5MT behind a NA 2.2, particularly sans low gears. Thus I melted my 9 month old clutch :(

Ooh and boat ramps aren't the best either :eek:

Bach-n-Rob%20068.jpgBach-n-Rob%20069.jpgBach-n-Rob%20070.jpgDSC00420.JPG

But it sure is awesome pulling to the take out in a lifted sedan with rally cross numerology, strapping on the boat and hauling outta there!!

but, I digress. . .

So, lesson learned... when you melt a clutch and need to replace it, THAT MEANS IT'S TIME TO UPGRADE THE TRANNY TOO!! :banana::grin::banana:

Twitch, try pulling this 2500lbs car over 40 miles 20 miles of that was interstate with construction.

Also, haven't you watched "Pimp My Ride" I'm sure they put a Chocolate waterfall in back of a Topaz at some point.

Ben, You would be welcome to come chill with us as long as you don't start bustin' balls.

This Legacy could go for $1,300 up here with ease.

Sounds like a fun trip for me, but me bust balls.

Can you recoment a good hotel to stay at. Or a bad part of town to stay away from.

Well, I would stay at a hotel in Waukesha/Brookfield as Milwaukee is only 15 miles from there, Hotels would be cheeper out this way and there is no "Ghetto" around here.

Most of the east side of Milwaukee is Ghetto, but not in the sense you'd get a cap in yo rump roast nigga!

There is a Super-8 right off of Bluemound and Barker Rd in Brookfield.

Well, I would stay at a hotel in Waukesha/Brookfield as Milwaukee is only 15 miles from there, Hotels would be cheeper out this way and there is no "Ghetto" around here.

Most of the east side of Milwaukee is Ghetto, but not in the sense you'd get a cap in yo rump roast nigga!

There is a Super-8 right off of Bluemound and Barker Rd in Brookfield.

Brent is thinking about headin up as well. Might be a fun trip.

Hell brent might bring his up there to try and get rid of it. Is miles going to be around, what is there to do up there.

Well when you coming up here? We are always availble on Weekends, and I for the most part am free during the week until like 7pm.

I posted this on our DI thread.

Was able to source Four SP-60s in 225-60/16s, these are the last of them in this size, I have them coming from Ohio for about $118 a Tire (Includes shipping to DLS Tire Center)

Dunlop has dincontinued the SP-60 in this size, which is kinda dumb since this is the stock width and aspect for the 16" Outback wheels.

Hope to get them by Wednsday.

• 2 weeks later...