Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

I would imagine it to be someone form the UP on the dirtyimpreza boards

roger that. I've posted in the legacy forums there and will look for another place to post.

beginning web, suby stalker mode . . . :rolleyes:

Yeah, TheLoyale... I argee ;)

cheers ya'll!!

For conversation sake, Does anyone know if an 3.0 H6 EZ30D from a 2002 Outback would bolt up to a EJ22 4EAT trans? and how much different is the ECU? There would be 2 extra injectors, what else?

I think it would be awesome to swap in an EZ30 with the Auto trans into an EA82 chassis. That much power and torque in a 2300lbs car :grin:

You know, now that I think about it, didn't someone drop an EZ engine into an old gen Subaru? I remember seeing a old Subaru on here with a Timing chain and alloy timing covers.

Yes it will bolt up.

No, you need the EZ30 ecu and wiring harness because of the sensors and such that go along with the engine.

Twitch

You know, now that I think about it, didn't someone drop an EZ engine into an old gen Subaru? I remember seeing a old Subaru on here with a Timing chain and alloy timing covers.

I'm pretty sure there was an EZ30 in a lifted brat with top mounted radiator.

There was a thread just a few weeks ago where someone had dropped one into a second gen Legacy. Practically had to shoe horn the thing in. Radiator had to be moved forward, custom upper support, hood latch had to be removed.

Don't know that I've seen a picture of one in an EA car, but I'm sure it could be done. Might have to stiffen the chassis to keep it from twisting when you take off. :grin:

There was a thread just a few weeks ago where someone had dropped one into a second gen Legacy. Practically had to shoe horn the thing in. Radiator had to be moved forward, custom upper support, hood latch had to be removed.

Don't know that I've seen a picture of one in an EA car, but I'm sure it could be done. Might have to stiffen the chassis to keep it from twisting when you take off. :grin:

The EZ will fit in a legacy without cutting the rad support up. It's the EG33 that requires some sawzal love.

Been driving on Potenza G019s for the past two days, awesome tires, if this car was a 5spd, I would take it on the track and see what it can do.

You can have lots of fun with an auto... My legacy is an auto, and a tired one at that. I can do just as much sliding around and awesomeness as I can with a 5speed.

I like this post, its inspriring! :banana:

You have to shift it manually. Like coming up to a corner just go ahead and drop it in a lower gear so it doesn't try to shift on you as you power out. Actually works pretty. Even sliding it around slippy back roads. Sure, I'd prefer a 5speed. But it's what I got, and it works decent. My auto is really an old POS... And I still have fun :grin:

Isn't engine-breaking with an Auto not the best idea for the trans? Even though I do it offen for fun Lol. I find that if I do it more then twice, the pressure climbs to much in the trans and ATF leaks out of the block-off cap where the Analong speed cable would go. (Yes '95-newer have a digital speed sender)

I also find the car has more pull if you shift it manually. Huh.

Isn't engine-breaking with an Auto not the best idea for the trans? Even though I do it offen for fun Lol. I find that if I do it more then twice, the pressure climbs to much in the trans and ATF leaks out of the block-off cap where the Analong speed cable would go. (Yes '95-newer have a digital speed sender)

I also find the car has more pull if you shift it manually. Huh.

I haven't had an issue downshifting mine manually. Actually, to tell you the truth, it's helped it. It had sticky valves when I first got the car. Using all the gear select positions seems to have cleared out some seldom used lines and it shifts better.

If you really get on it over about 40 it won't always dowshift to 2nd, but it will manually if you put it in 2. Mine redlines 2nd around 60MPH.

These autos are pretty tough transmissions, they take abuse quite well. Mine has 4.44 gears, good chance your's has 4.11. So your shift points may well be different than mine.

Been driving on Potenza G019s for the past two days, awesome tires, if this car was a 5spd, I would take it on the track and see what it can do.

You don't even know how to drive stick shift, but I would agree that stick is sooooo much better than automatic. More control, more power, better mileage, less weight, more reliable, and so on.

You don't even know how to drive stick shift, but I would agree that stick is sooooo much better than automatic. More control, more power, better mileage, less weight, more reliable, and so on.

Jon, I have drove Dan's Turbo Sedan after I did the Timing belt on it.