Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

You don't even know how to drive stick shift, but I would agree that stick is sooooo much better than automatic. More control, more power, better mileage, less weight, more reliable, and so on.

Have you ever driven a subaru automatic? They do surprisingly well.

The Legacy is my first automatic car ever, and I was sort of hard on how much subaru autos suck. But after driving this one, I kinda like it.

So testament to the auto... Today my local subaru club went on quite a long drive. I took the legacy (half expecting either the motor or tranny to blow up...).

I drove the thing WOT all day long, always shifting at redline, hitting 100+....... etc, etc, etc. Abuse, etc. Basically I beat the piss out of the car, and if I break the old tired driveline, I'll put better parts in.

The auto not only did amazing all day, it actually shifts better now after some good abuse. Guess I cleared something out....

I'm still 5speeding it... but the auto is a GOOD transmission. The gear ratios suck though...

Duuuuu...:o:slobber: Thanks for the visual reference! I may have been "a little":drunk: when I wrote that post, I was referencing the car I saw that day, I'm not too "up" on all these fancy brand names! W/ the crap I'm used to driving, if they're not too cracked, and hold air, they're GOOD! :slobber:

New Front Rotors and Ceramic Pads all around, this thing stops like a cream puff now.

Also put my CB antenna on, but need to get an external speaker (Thought it had a built in?)

Its a Midland, not a Cobra.

Edited by TheLoyale

Also put my CB antenna on, but need to get an external speaker (Thought it had a built in?)

Its a Midland, not a Cobra.

All cb's are supposed to have a small speaker in them - the question is whether or not they work...and if they do, how well...some sound like crap and it is better to have an external anyway.

my guess is the one in that cb is blown - doesnt take much to blow one of them. :rolleyes:

All cb's are supposed to have a small speaker in them - the question is whether or not they work...and if they do, how well...some sound like crap and it is better to have an external anyway.

my guess is the one in that cb is blown - doesnt take much to blow one of them. :rolleyes:

It was brand new, cost me $70!

And ya know, I kinda though most should have a built in, but eh whatever. Externals are only like $12.

Kinda wanted mine working for the trip up to you, it would be cool if you had a home base, then we can radio in and I can finally say "Catch ya on the flip side" "Keep the shiney side up and the greasey side down" :grin:

Plannin a trip??? Maybe you need a hitchhiker?

hey, the more the merrier as far as I am concerned :grin: - but you will have to check with the boys...

the "plan" so to speak, is for Tom & the Fox (and maybe others??) to come up here to middle of nowhere land (near Marshfield) this coming weekend (I hope) and help me pull, reseal, and re-install my 2.2...it is going thru like a quart of oil a week, and i hardly go anywhere! :eek: (200-250 miles a week or so, +/- a few)

Plus they are going to haul away a whole crapload of EA82 stuff (including an entire car) we still have sitting around here collecting dust - we are tired of lookin at the stuff, and I know the alliance could put most (if not all) of it to good use.

So yeah, if the boys dont mind, come on up!

Yeah I swapped the Fuel gauge from a "Real" Outback thinking that was my issue, thats why its read. I do have a complete Outback gauge cluster if you want it for a few bucks, or I could just send you the gauges (Which is all you'd need) let me know :)

Jo, yeah I am hoping we can do this, this weekend, I am raring to go, its Fox and his old lady is whats cramping my style with this. I am gonna PM you a question....

Kara, you would be welcome to car pool with us, I think you'd have fun plus you are super fun to be around, so "More the merrier!"

Found why my fuel gauge never worked. I found mouse chewed wires on the 2nd sending unit (Across from the fuel pump/sending unit)

Was able to splice them together and repair the broken link.

tw10002.jpg

New Outback hood.

tw10001.jpg

Hey you have a light for "low fuel"!! I thought I did, as in I think I saw it once like 7 yeara ago when i bought the car...but then I've never seen it again... (confused)...

AND,

sweet hood!!

hey, the more the merrier as far as I am concerned :grin: - but you will have to check with the boys...

the "plan" so to speak, is for Tom & the Fox (and maybe others??) to come up here to middle of nowhere land (near Marshfield) this coming weekend (I hope) and help me pull, reseal, and re-install my 2.2...it is going thru like a quart of oil a week, and i hardly go anywhere! :eek: (200-250 miles a week or so, +/- a few)

Plus they are going to haul away a whole crapload of EA82 stuff (including an entire car) we still have sitting around here collecting dust - we are tired of lookin at the stuff, and I know the alliance could put most (if not all) of it to good use.

So yeah, if the boys dont mind, come on up!

Thanks! If it happens, and I'm allowed I'll be there, looking forward to meeting you! I need a roadtrip once and again...

Thanks! If it happens, and I'm allowed I'll be there, looking forward to meeting you! I need a roadtrip once and again...

We all need a road trip now and again! :grin: Hope you are allowed to join the party, too!:banana:

I know you are a GM fan - so I hope you dont mind classic Ford products!

I have a 1967 F-250 and the other half has a 1973 Lincoln Mark IV...:lol:

We also have several "antique" (as defined by the DMV - 25 yrs or older) motorcycles cluttering up the garage - 1974 thru 1985 models - 2 Honda, 2 Kawasaki & 1 Yamaha :)

Hey you have a light for "low fuel"!! I thought I did, as in I think I saw it once like 7 yeara ago when i bought the car...but then I've never seen it again... (confused)...

AND,

sweet hood!!

I am confused. I have a 95 as well and didn't know we had a low fuel light.

I am confused. I have a 95 as well and didn't know we had a low fuel light.

No, I think I'm the confused one... I probably "never saw the light" :lol:

I'm pretty sure we (95) don't have a light....

It looks like Tom modded his instuments..

"Yeah I swapped the Fuel gauge from a "Real" Outback thinking that was my issue, that's why its red"

And I think that got him a light...

I guess we (the rest of us 95'ers) just need to watch the mileage and not hope for the light. I've stalled out at least once "looking for the light"