Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

yeah man I really hate the USDM tails

Having said that im home I finally got the engine out which was pretty simple lol.. I don't know what the hell exploded under the car but caked grease was ALL OVER the crossmember... it took me like 10 min of cleaning to get it clean...

The good thing was I ran into no stuck bolts as far as the tranny to engine lol I was expecting bad..

last is the seller lied to me about replacing the clutch.. when I post the pictures you be the judge.. This is my first time pulling a motor and a manual at that but this clutch disc feels cheesy..

So I signed up for Amazon prime 1 month trial so i got my clutch kit coming in tomorrow next day air for only $3.99 lol I gotta make sure after the month is over to not renew it lol $79 is steep.

LOL true about the no rust also air ratchet FTW! I did very little wrenching however I hit my knuckle getting that top AC bolt to break loose and when it did my wrench hit the High pressure line and it started to hiss so i snugged it a little and it stopped.

it turned out to be very nice.. they were saying thunderstorms and all.. I did hear a little but only got like 2 min of drizzle and the sun was in and out..

Now tomorrow might not be so good but hopefully it will be sunny again

What?? Why??

Eh, its becoming irritating and I just like the old gens better. I'm also trying to figure out whats causing this ill running issue that just popped up. I've been all over the engine and I can't figure it out. Was thinking it might have been bad gas, since I filled it up today it ran fine for a good 40 miles, then coming back home, like 2 blocks away, it started acting up, then stalled Lol! It got flooded and was a PITA to start (But it did restart) "Thats why makes a Subaru, a Subaru." I don't know if a fuel regulator is going? Causing it to run way rich, cause you can sure smell the fuel, plus my plugs have quite a bit of carbon on them (Only a year old) so its defiantly running raw.

At least I have the EA82 to drive (As always)

I dunno, I wouldn't be able to sell this car to anyone anyway. Who would buy it? LOL! Plus I would have to fix the issue first, as I'd want to get no less then $1,500 since all the money I've stuck into it.

Oh man :-/ I forgot how to test the FPR but that could be it..

I know what my stumbling problem was..

DSC_2688.jpg

pretty much the plug got no/weak spark it would hesitate sometimes bad Why that plug wire looks like that? Well because when i did the spark plugs some time ago I had a hard time because of the tight click on the plug and I was pulling and pulling outwards and the wire just went zoomp..

So I was like ok I'm going to make a temporary fix and I forgot all about it...

Lol, nice!

I don't even know where the FPR is on this thing? I'm used to the little black round things that the EA82 has in line with the fuel line.

Are the regulators on the fuel rail?

yeah it's behind the #3 intake manifold like a top hat (lol that's what I thought)

lol from what I hear that screw is hard to get out but I've never tried to take one out yet. I thought mine was bad on the other legacy.. I never figured out why that car would would run rough for like the first few seconds after it's sat for awhile.. it would really stumble.

I thought it was leaking fuel :-/ I can't remember if it still did it or not after I had to change the fuel pump because it died that night...

Long story short idiot came with a non flat bed truck and I said you can't tow me like this.. he had to be dumb and stupid and tried anyways.. not more then 80 Ft the rear tires started to skid..

SO since he was the only guy in town I had to wait another hour for a flat bed..

Long story short idiot came with a non flat bed truck and I said you can't tow me like this.. he had to be dumb and stupid and tried anyways.. not more then 80 Ft the rear tires started to skid..

SO since he was the only guy in town I had to wait another hour for a flat bed..

was it a AAA tow guy?

lol from what I hear that screw is hard to get out but I've never tried to take one out yet. I thought mine was bad on the other legacy.. I never figured out why that car would would run rough for like the first few seconds after it's sat for awhile.. it would really stumble.

I thought it was leaking fuel :-/ I can't remember if it still did it or not after I had to change the fuel pump because it died that night...

What a wongleflute, "I told you flat-bed for a reason." Take all kinds eh :rolleyes: