Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

in other news, Jboy and I did cam and crank seals today on TW10. Only took about an hour of real work, most of the time was spent waiting for paint to dry and looking at Craigslist Subarus.

I am wondering if I had set the timing off a tooth when I first did the timing belt, as now feels like it has stronger acceleration, also, the exhaust note has changed some.

Makes me wonder, Jon, whats your take on this?

Not sure, your timing may have been off, but I didn't ride in the car after we did the job. Maybe removing the timing cover had something to do with it, it did have wear marks in it from the pulleys and belt, maybe the belt jumped a tooth at one point?

Awesome you sold greenie! Yeah, i think you should jump on that 2000 Outback, just really check it over before you buy it, I will help you with the reseal and make it into a "Flip" car if you want. I bet anything that you could get $4,000 easy with that car.

I'm hoping these people with the Toyota call back, needless to say I already have plans for it if I get it (Since there is sooo much aftermarket offroad for these vehicles)

Nice, but fuel mpg doesnt bother you.

Specs show 11city/13hwy, But I don't think thats accurate, its a 4.5L FI Straight-6.

No, fuel consumption doesn't bother me. Do you think someone with a '68 Chevelle care about milage? Nope! Cause its cool, and thats ALL that matters.

;)

From what I remember about someone that had one, 11mpg was good for stock. They are full time 4wd and 6k+ lbs.

Those are awesome 4wd's in stock form too; solid front and rear axles, offset rear diff, and some had full floating rear axles.

Specs show 11city/13hwy, But I don't think thats accurate, its a 4.5L FI Straight-6.

No, fuel consumption doesn't bother me. Do you think someone with a '68 Chevelle care about milage? Nope! Cause its cool, and thats ALL that matters.

;)

Now tom, your starting to sound like the self righteous suv people. Unless your rich, mpg hirts.

From what I remember about someone that had one, 11mpg was good for stock. They are full time 4wd and 6k+ lbs.

Those are awesome 4wd's in stock form too; solid front and rear axles, offset rear diff, and some had full floating rear axles.

I didn't know it had an offset rear diff, thats pretty cool! What does it have for suspension, 4-link?

Need to drop some portal axles under it for maximum clearance! ;)

If I am able to come onto this 80-Series, This is whats in store!

FJ80_Deluxe.jpg

NICE, my friend loves his 96

P1020612.JPGP1020613.JPGP1020614.JPG

This might just be the final chapter of Trashwagon10, I step down, take a bow, and say goodnight as I move onto a '92 Land Cruiser.

It has been a good run with TW10, but it will soon be over.

Say it ain't so :(. . .

;)

Edited by superu

is dude gonna take it as trade +cash?

Yeah, right... ;)

No, I bought it straight up for $3,900 including Tax/title. This thing is sooo rock solid, no rust, runs great, has tons of power an torque, way better then the Legacy!

This vehicle was from Missouri :)

0902111242a.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale

Note to self for future reference.

80s produced between 1990 and 1991 had an open centre differential which was lockable in 4HI and automatically locked in 4LO. From 1992 onward, vehicles with anti-lock brakes had a viscous coupling that sent a maximum of 30% torque to the non-slipping axle. The differential was lockable in 4HI and automatically locked in 4LO.

Im happy yet sad for you at the same time. Again looks great and probally runs great. But no one enjoys 13mpg, ask me how i know. Does this have a 6 or an 8. I thought i read the 6s had HG problems.

It gets better milage then that, I'm sure. Its a 20gal tank, I had it a little over half when I bought it, drove it home (60 miles) and its just a little under half now.

Its a 3F-E Straight-6.

I am not selling the Legacy now, I am going to Store the EA82 during winter (3 months or so) keep all of them on my insurance (See what that will cost) and drive the Legacy and LandCruiser during winter, come spring time, I will have all 3 at my house again.

Jon, the Hitch is still yours (If you were wondering) I also need to talk to you about "Sto-age" talk to you Sunday unless ya PM me. :lol:

good to see it lives on but you jinxed me now lol I just estimated that I'm getting around 11-15 MPG now in part to my oxygen sensor has really gone to ************ now and my 2 exhaust studs fell out on the passenger side which creates a huge leak.

I'm going to get the studs tomorrow along with the single gasket and ordering the oxygen sensor and a new dryer for the AC.