Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

I sold my last 92 legacy for $1800 with 230K on it, and it had similar mods to the trashwagon. So 1500 seems pretty reasonable, especially considering the work that's gone into it. Milage doesn't scare me away from subarus ever, just rust, everything else is a pretty easy fix from me (I even fix rust I just don't like it :D )

I am thinking of listing it for $1,500 on CL come summer time in order to get into an FJ60. Does $1,500 sound to steep to a non Subaru person for a car that has 224,000?

Just seeing what ya'll would pay for this thing, knowing everything thats been done and added to it.

The paint will scare some people away... otherwise, I would say $1500 is on the low side. Start at least at $2000, perhaps higher, and go down if you have to.

This is what I plan on going after come spring time (Being that I can find one in the coming months)

I'm just kinda getting out of Subarus, other then the EA82 chassis. I just find the the EA82 and probably All 80s Subarus are better then the EJs, problem being is finding rust free 80s Subarus in WI.

1987 FJ60, 4spd, 4.2 OHV Straight-6 2F.

60-series-build-026.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale

This is what I plan on going after come spring time (Being that I can find one in the coming months)

I'm just kinda getting out of Subarus, other then the EA82 chassis. I just find the the EA82 and probably All 80s Subarus are better then the EJs, problem being is finding rust free 80s Subarus in WI.

1987 FJ60, 4spd, 4.2 OHV Straight-6 2F.

60-series-build-026.jpg

Love the FJ60. Before I bought my brat I was looking into those as well, they are non existent up here though. I agree the 80's subarus have a better feel to them, I'd rather drive my 80's wagons on a given day then my WRX, or my 92 legacy. The 80's stuff just has more personality.

Love the FJ60. Before I bought my brat I was looking into those as well, they are non existent up here though. I agree the 80's subarus have a better feel to them, I'd rather drive my 80's wagons on a given day then my WRX, or my 92 legacy. The 80's stuff just has more personality.

I agree about the older 'Cruisers being hard to come by in the NE. I've watched around the Philly region and they just don't show up. I have seen only one in traffic -that was months ago, and they don't show up for sale at all.

I agree about the older 'Cruisers being hard to come by in the NE. I've watched around the Philly region and they just don't show up. I have seen only one in traffic -that was months ago, and they don't show up for sale at all.

I saw one for sale in Milwaukee area a few months ago, It was like an '85 FJ60. It had been painted Light blue pearl Mica, had 24" chrome wheels and some janked up interior mods (What a waste of a Landcruiser) this is not a Pimp-mobile.

Fox, Remember that Custom painted EA82 sedan a while back you looked at with the Painted bumpers body color. it was that same light blue metalflake color. :rolleyes:

Now we'll see if the Unconsionable ball breaker, Ben Goble, strolls in and complains I am talking about Toyotas in a Subaru forum.

Edited by TheLoyale

Lol... ;)

Yes, I am getting the 173,000 mile Trans outta that Red '96 Wagon, I dunno why Norm charges (He did not give me a defiant) But he said like $400 for an EJ22 motor, so I am thinking an Auto trans will be less then that.

Fox, There is a '91-'92 Sedan out there with an Auto in it. Graham might be able to go after that.

I saw one for sale in Milwaukee area a few months ago, It was like an '85 FJ60. It had been painted Light blue pearl Mica, had 24" chrome wheels and some janked up interior mods (What a waste of a Landcruiser) this is not a Pimp-mobile.

Fox, Remember that Custom painted EA82 sedan a while back you looked at with the Painted bumpers body color. it was that same light blue metalflake color. :rolleyes:

Now we'll see if the Unconsionable ball breaker, Ben Goble, strolls in and complains I am talking about Toyotas in a Subaru forum.

:brow:

...I'm just kinda getting out of Subarus, other then the EA82 chassis. I just find the the EA82 and probably All 80s Subarus are better then the EJs ...

60-series-build-026.jpg

So, do you want only FJ's now?

There are Plenty of them here, good 4X4 Off-Roaders, a friend of mine Built this one:

31232_393017784645_513179645_4331914_1494076_n.jpg

Do you remember? ... More pictures here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1048643&postcount=102

He is Selling it now because he Built a Monster '66 Bronco V8 Lifted and is Really impressive, but you're So far from here...

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
Brainfart! ... I Fixed the Bronco's year.

JezJek, Yes, the Loyale is my show car. It is in the garage right now, away from all the salt and weather. That car will be with me till I die.

I agree that I am an old school guy as well, 80s car just look better then the 90s (For the most part) but the other thing I like about the Landcruisers, would be the power and torque. They might be slow, but are seriously torque with that Straight-6. Even the new Landcruiser 200-Series I am fond of, because of the V8 and the 500ft.lbs tq in High-range.

Big powerful Toyota is the way to go for me, until Subaru makes something similar.

Swap in a forester 5MT! 4.11s and a better overdrive 5th (.780 I believe, compared to the OB .871)

I've only seen a vouple gen 1 legacy LSDs in yards. I found my CLSD here, but PAID $$$ for it! :-\

it rocks though :burnout:

looking in my FSM now and yeah you are right.. at least for the legacy 2.2 and 2.5 the 2.2 had a 5th gear ratio of .780 vs the outbacks .871

That's the only change? I wonder why that is..

Which Forester has a 4.111?

Front LSD is going to be murder on the street daily driving so I've heard.

On another note, I can get past 100mph with the 4EAT at around 4300rpm with TC lockup.

I haven't heard that.. that's only when you start doing a sti upgraded center and rear LSD of a clutch type will it be a bit harder to handle.

i don't care too much to upgrade the center but I plan on doing the rear down the road.

You guys want to talk old school, I'm more of a 1950s kind of guy. And if you want more power in that FJ, find an old Cummins to drop in and crank that *************** up to 1000 ft-lbs.

I'll stick with the Turbo Diesel Toyota made for these in JDM and EDM markets, Cummins ain't everything boy...! ;)

JezJek, Yes, the Loyale is my show car. It is in the garage right now, away from all the salt and weather. That car will be with me till I die...

I Understand, because I Feel the Same about my '85 Subaru BumbleBeast and my '69 Mercury Comet coupe.

I'll stick with the Turbo Diesel Toyota made for these in JDM and EDM markets ...

Don't Forget that we're Plentiful of those here, in LADM.

LADM = Latin American Domestic Market! ;)

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
Mispelled the word plentiful with plentyful