Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

Something about running with no timing covers on an EJ makes me cringe... I know yours is non-interference, but still.

(before someone on here who knows I don't have covers on my 98, it's built out of junk parts...)

Unlike an ea82 you can put a timing belt, wp, new idlers, and such. And forget about it for 100,000 miles.

I don't run timing belt covers on my EJ22 either. In fact, when I removed the covers I found them to be filled with dirt and oil and the timing components stay cleaner without the cover than they were with the cover. Plus you can easily check the conditions of the components any time the hood is open. Just make sure to keep the PS, AC and Alt belts in good shape.

My biggest fear is stuffing the car in a snowbank and stuffing snow into the timing belt, causing it to jump time.

I've stuffed snow up under the hood of a legacy so hard it jammed the fans up completely and got snow on top of the engine.

That was because someone pulled out infront of me, so I ran off the road into a gigantic fluffy snowbank. I got really lucky with that one...

My biggest fear is stuffing the car in a snowbank and stuffing snow into the timing belt, causing it to jump time.

I've stuffed snow up under the hood of a legacy so hard it jammed the fans up completely and got snow on top of the engine.

That was because someone pulled out infront of me, so I ran off the road into a gigantic fluffy snowbank. I got really lucky with that one...

You would have to be doing donuts behind a truck stop to kick up enough snow/high rpm.

This actually happened to me twice doing the same thing in the same place almost a year to the day later. I was able to fix it no problem each time. The only thing that prevents this from being a side-of-the-road repair is that you need a vise clamp to reset the tensioner.

That is true, but I'm looking at it as, everything works together on this car, its stance + wheel/tire combo + paint scheme + Decals + Interior + Lights. It all works together, with every detail, if I throw on some black steelies with some 27" BFGs, it won't look that same and would probably make it less appealing to buyer(s)

Incase you haven't noticed, I am a very detail oriented person lol...

Yeah, but... How many people want a black car w/orange stripes???

Most people will not appreciate everything you've done, cause they can't get over- that the car is a highly visible, cop-magnet.

(I saw a red door and I want to...) Paint it black!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Egt1Hq4wpE

...Jboy? where is the Chrysler?

Yeah, but... How many people want a black car w/orange stripes???

Most people will not appreciate everything you've done, cause they can't get over- that the car is a highly visible, cop-magnet.

(I saw a red door and I want to...) Paint it black!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Egt1Hq4wpE

I am someone who enjoys living with a plum-crazy door, sublime green hallway, and chevy orange kitchen, but when I gotta sell... beige,beige,beige it'll be...

You would have to be doing donuts behind a truck stop to kick up enough snow/high rpm.

This actually happened to me twice doing the same thing in the same place almost a year to the day later. I was able to fix it no problem each time. The only thing that prevents this from being a side-of-the-road repair is that you need a vise clamp to reset the tensioner.

Throw a C-clamp in your tool bag. Thats what I use to compress the tensioner. You're supposed to compress them in the upright position (the new style, at least). So I can't just put it in the vice.

I am going to strip and part out TW10. I will probably make more money off the parts then I could selling the car as a whole.

$350 Duel-Port EJ22

$250 4EAT 4:11 Trans

$150 Rear Diff/Axles/Crossmember

$120 for 4 KYB Outback struts w/ Forster springs

$50 Driveshaft (Good Carrier Bearing and u-joints)

The list can go on...

I will see your $120 for the struts when they are ready. I presume they are complete with spring and tophats, is that correct? I can give you a little more if you can include some of the LED lighting, floor mats, and seat covers, based on what you want for those items, if available.

What about just the heads off the dual port EJ22?

I am not going to break down a complete, fully reliable motor, to only be left with an engine no one wants.

This motor is pretty desirable, Its the last year of the Duel-Port EJ22 and the First year of the OBD-II, in my mind, this is the motor to have. (But I am not about to EJ my EA82)

I am not going to break down a complete, fully reliable motor, to only be left with an engine no one wants.

This motor is pretty desirable, Its the last year of the Duel-Port EJ22 and the First year of the OBD-II, in my mind, this is the motor to have. (But I am not about to EJ my EA82)

I want the heads to stuff onto a 2.5 block. I'd take the whole thing at that price, but I'm too far away to ship an engine.

I want the heads to stuff onto a 2.5 block. I'd take the whole thing at that price, but I'm too far away to ship an engine.

I could not even fathom what it would cost to ship a motor to even Maine (Let alone the Westcoast)

Would UPS even take a 300lbs object? Or would I need to find another service?

I could not even fathom what it would cost to ship a motor to even Maine (Let alone the Westcoast)

Would UPS even take a 300lbs object? Or would I need to find another service?

This is why I only want the heads... Even so, it would be expensive.

I am going to strip and part out TW10. I will probably make more money off the parts then I could selling the car as a whole...

To part a Good Runnin' car always give Sad Feelings, but I will LOVE to have that EJ22 engine + ECU & Wiring for my 2.7 Wagon, which remains unengined since some tigo ago...

Do you Remember?

But Shippin' costs gonna be Horrible...

Kind Regards.

I only have eyes for the Loyale!! I'd love to pick your brain on it. I have an 88 that i'd like to make like yours...sigh. How and/or where did you get the rear bumper witht the tire mount? Which lift is on it? I really dig the white painted pugs too.

Steel SJRLift Bumper - 2x2 Tow Receiver - Tire Swing Arm.

2" SJR Lift Kit.

SJRLift.com aka ScottInBellingham on here.

http://sjrlift.com/

Edited by TheLoyale