Ultimate Subaru Message Board

:horse: Sorry for bringing back an old thread. I just got the 0420 on my 02RS. Anyone here personally use the L shape non fouler and were able to get rid of the code long enough to pass an inspection. Its rough out in NYC as traffic *********************s are everywhere! Thanks!

Anyone here personally use the L shape non fouler and were able to get rid of the code long enough to pass an inspection.
if it works - it's not just long enough to pass inspection, it is a long term and excellent solution to a silly issue.

yes, folks use the L shape ones. if inspection is an issue i almost wonder if you'd rather have the straight spacers though for a more stock look? i don't know if that matters or not, my state doesn't check emissions.

I used the straight "help" brand non fouler since I could pick it up at the local auto parts store. Like it said before, I don't know if it will fit in the space you need it so look closely before you order. Maybe make a little cardboard piece and hold it in the spot. Remember the plug sticks out a few inches beyond the end of the L also. Good luck.