Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gen 1 coupe seats into a gen one wagon?

Ok so my question is....will gen 1 coupe seats fit into a gen 1 wagon? Do they flip forward like in an EA81 hatchback? If not, how hard is it to fit EA81hatchback front seats into a gen 1 wagon?

If the coupe seats fit in the wagon, has anyone seen any on the west coast (Oregon/Washington) in a j/y or in their garage?

not positive about straight bolt ups. is that what you are asking??

if you are asking about being modded in. yes you can. The bucket seats in my car aren't even subaru. i found them in prestine condition in a honda. but they weren't stock in there either... so who knows where they originally came from. but i made cross brackets and lift kits. so that they don't sit as low as regular ea81 seats. and welded it all into the seat rails.

Russ, I *THINK* that the EA71 and EA81 seats attach in teh same manner, but I am not sure if teh rails are teh same width. I do know that EA81 and EA82 seats attach in a totally different manner, AND the rails are farther apart. Either way, I know how to make adaptors like I did on my hatchback, since I had EA82 seats AND an EA82 center console in it :-)

All 77-79 Subaru front seat will interchange. Two differences.....the "GF hardtop" seats had a thinner cushion, mainly to lower to seat due to the low roofline. It still bolted in place like all the others. The BRATs had thinner seatbacks, so they would recline more in the limited space environment.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Todd- not quite sure what you're saying but I think I get it. I want to use the seats that have the foot peddle thingy from the back that passengers in the rear can get out of the back seat. You know, the one thats located at the bottom left corner of the seat. I'll see if I can get a pic of it if it helps anyone. I'm gonna go to the yards today looking for parts and I know where there's a set of Brat seats that I'm gonna see about picking up.

The seats with that "pedal" will still fit. That pedal connects to the release mechanism and allows both tracks to slide freely when pressed.

Set them in your wagon. They may have slightly thinner cushions, but they will work fine.

Todd