Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car Stolen... Seattle Area

My wagon was stolen from in front of my apartment here in Everett this morning (hmm, Everett, stolen car- big shock right?) around 3am. It's the only form of transportation I've got, so if everybody in the Seattle area could keep their eyes peeled for it I'd be forever grateful. White '89 turbo GL wagon, looks just like this, still on Pugs with a taller ski type rack on top and the factory "turbo" sticker on the lower part of the rear doors...

DSC00562Large-1.jpg

plates end with ZWQ

Chris, that blows............... if you need a car to drive for a while let me know...........

Jeff

thank you jeff, i may have to do that...

-turns out that they used my garage clicker that was on my visor to get into my garage too, stole a bunch of my tools and some other stuff. I was out working on the car the other day with the garage door open (stupid, stupid, stupid), I think somebody drove past and made note of the car/garage so they could come steal the tools and stuff, and just used the car as a convenient hauler for what they took.

Totally sucks! Hope Karma comes bites them on the A--!!!!!!!! 2 worst things to do to a person - steal their only vehicle and take their tools.

We've been lucky that we haven't had anything more than a bicycle stolen over the years. Although my neighbor across the street did call the cops when 3 young men were trying to steal Ken's 83 Wagon. What are they just totally stupid - same crime for a new Porche as an 83 wagon.

Glad to hear that another member close can help you out.

We'll keep our eyes out for it in Portland metro area too. Did you say what the plate # is?

Totally sucks! Hope Karma comes bites them on the A--!!!!!!!! 2 worst things to do to a person - steal their only vehicle and take their tools.

Did you say what the plate # is?

Thanks.

Plate ends in ZWQ

and Karma, couldn't agree more on that one... I don't think I should've had this coming to me, but if so... so be it.

karma-1.png

Dude, that sucks to hear. So sorry. Any chance you might share half the license plate number just to help verify?

Best of luck.

thanks for the kind words everyone. i miss my soob already :( it's like my only daughter got kidnapped and is out there somewhere with some dirty stranger :mad:

Washington plate is 722-ZWQ (i blurred the plate in my pic because that's my OLD wagon, it just happens to look exactly the same as this last one did...)

chris

I'm next to northgate, I'll look out for ya. Sometimes, karma has a weird way of showing its face. Maybe its more a lesson to others and not so much on you. We are all one of the dominoes in the illustration. Who knows the placement. Every one of your/our neighbors faces the same fate if we dont look out for each other. You might be more resilient, someone could have gotten it worse.

Are there any updates Chris?

Jeff

nada :( i hope it's just sitting at the end of some dead-end street somewhere local and the cops just haven't found 'er yet... otherwise, the more time that goes by, the more i think it's been trashed (it is a EA82T after all, all you've got to do is LOOK at it wrong and the headgaskets commit mass suicide)

again, thank you very much to everyone who is keeping their eyes open for me... i hope to have a positive update to give soon!

zap, thanks for taking the high road... makes me a little embarrassed...

Look for the car!

I know that sounds dumb, but it often works on recovering an older car. When this sort of thing happens, it is usually local. They didn't drive up from Tacoma and target you. It was someone in your local area. And this means they took the tools somewhere nearby, and then dumped the car. Likely suspects: Theives on foot without a car of their own, who live possibly in the same complex as you do, or very close by.

With a car like this, there is no resale value to chop shops. They want cars in the 20-50k range, not Soob wagons. This car HAS ALREADY BEEN DUMPED SOMEWHERE and you cannot depend on the cops to find it. Get a map and start grid-searching Everett. It is doubtful they even took it out of town. It could be on the street, but especially check parking lots at big stores.

Trust me on this one. It's probably sitting less than five miles from your apartment right now, but unless it is parked badly, it could sit for weeks before a cop notices it. Borrow a car, or ride with someone as the map guy and start looking. You have to think like a criminal. Whomever took the tools will try to pawn them, then dump the car ASAP and go home. So start checking quick at the pawn shops with a written description of your tools. They don't WANT the stolen stuff anyway...and you have to present valid ID to pawn them.

Edited by Robert M

Look for the car!...

haha, thanks robert, it doesn't sound dumb at all! everett, like auburn, is just big enough that simply driving around may not work to find it, but i like your idea of the 5 mile radius/grid... i'll do that this weekend (was planning on doing the pawn shop thing already)

ya never really know what's going thru someone's head when they do something like this... which is why i appreciate everybody keeping their eyes open, they may have given/sold it to someone else who'll drive it around :confused:

-chris

Portland - 1979.

I moved there for a couple of years in the late 70s. My job was to take this Ford van around with a commercial pressure washer in the back and clean big rigs for the boss, who owned the company.

Van: Stolen because I was dumb enough to leave the keys in it.

Next five days: Grid searching the entire east side of the city with a map. I finally spotted the van in someone's driveway. Friendly bikers next door helped me recover it via payment of two cases of bottled Michelob. I had gone to their door to borrow the phone and (no cell phones back then) when they found out why I wanted to make the call, they said 'forget that - we don't want the cops around..we'll get it back for you'. (You can substitute another word in place of 'forget'.)

Result: They slapped him around a bit, but thank God they didn't kill him. Said they never liked him as their neighbor anyway. :lol:

Hope you find your Subie. Gayla and I are keeping an eye out for it, although we don't expect to see it clear down here in Auburn.

hmm now even more reason to keep my GL in the garage wen i'm home.

hopefully u find it. i know it prolly wont go so far but since I-5 runs thru Stockton too i'll keep my eyes peeled cuz u never know.

good luck boss

...i'll keep my eyes peeled cuz u never know.

good luck boss

thanks man!

still no word, did some searching locally this past weekend and didn't come across anything :( but i'm 'keepin the faith' that she'll turn up eventually... i sure do miss my scoobiewagon