Ultimate Subaru Message Board

W series Toyota trans adaptors

bill hincher

I have 3 on hand so anyone can order them anytime they want, just give me a bump

Hey Bill, do you mind if I started to spread your number around for the bell housing? I mean clearly the intent for you is to sell them, but I figured I would be nice and ask before I just started slathering your name and phone number around the interweb.

Also, what are payment options for you? Are you just a check or credit card guy? I couldn't remember if you did pay pal or not.

i need to sell more of these for you, so it doesn't seem like such a big waste of time for you.

Hey Bill, do you mind if I started to spread your number around for the bell housing? I mean clearly the intent for you is to sell them, but I figured I would be nice and ask before I just started slathering your name and phone number around the interweb.

Also, what are payment options for you? Are you just a check or credit card guy? I couldn't remember if you did pay pal or not.

i need to sell more of these for you, so it doesn't seem like such a big waste of time for you.

thanks for asking mellow,

this bellhousing belongs to this group, it was built exclusively for guys that dig having a roll cage in thier hot rod and a couple beers around a camp fire after a hard dayz crawlin >;o)

feel free to distribute pics and add your input, be honest, tell the good with the bad and let the chips fall where they may

I may make some changes such as including the cable clutch option as soon as I have time

i may have missed this- but did you come up with a price bill? i will need one soon a well,

and did we figure out a shifter relocate?

I had to build some motor mounts for the Starquest guys and I havent completed the remote shifter yet, it comes down to cost and ease of installation, its so much easier and cheaper to just cast some long shift arms that resemble the original part instaed of the remote shifter and then cast some shifter housings at different lengths

but I havent given up on my original design

the housings run $425.00 plus shipping, they come with the throw out bearing and holder and the lower skirt and the housing itself

• 2 weeks later...

ok ,here are the specs,

suby tranny:

37.5 main gear shifter (center) from bellhousing opening

41.5 whatever the back shifter is (transfercase?) (center)

toyotas tranny

18 1/8" for main gear shifter (center) from bellhousing opening

22 5/8" transfercase shifter (center)

"so basicly I need the toyotas gear shifter to be 37.5 from bellhousings opening and the transfercase shifter at 41.5" from bell opening"

Edited by True2Blue

just gettin the shifters in the tunnel is the feat i wanna accomplish i can fine tune it here there will be room up to 4" between the tranny and the tunnel. I told dave i dont really NEED the t case shifter in the subaru yet i just wanna drive it (i need my car pretty bad, ive been gettin things done with a mountain bike :lol: ) As far as trimming the tunnel i will if i absolutely need to :rolleyes:

depending on the linkage (i believe thats gonna take the longest) the project may be pushed back till august.

ea i can work with that

and dave said this today:

Kody bro,i have some issues,first one is the new clutch fork is to short,pic attached,when the fork sits on the pivot ball,the for does not reach the throw out bearing.

thanks ,Dave

I need that part number for the fork if you have it handy.. i bought the fork and pivot ball new from subaru ($60 for that bs)

heres some pics (i dont know how its supposed to be, wish i was there)

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

Edited by True2Blue

yes, the hydraulic fork is the only one used, not the cable fork

The second thing is you forgot the thrust bearing or most commonly called crank bushing,pic attach with screw driver stuck in it to pin point it.

thanks ,Dave

I dont het this quote at all ? you mean the pilot bearing? same as original Subaru

• 3 weeks later...

I may make some changes such as including the cable clutch option as soon as I have time

This would be awesome.

I didn't want to mess with having to install a hydraulic pedal setup on my 84.

Still want one, but if there is a cable clutch option I will wait for that.