Ultimate Subaru Message Board

W series Toyota trans adaptors

bill hincher

I am building the 4G63 Mitsubishi narrow block that accepts either the R 150 or the R 151 or the W 55 through W 59 Toyota transmissions,

then I have built the T 5 narrow block 4G63 bellhousing and I gotta fill that in and flow it out.

I will be finishing the Sub next ( without delay) all I gotta do is fill in the required wall thickness and flow it out , then off to casting

I am building the V 6 Mitsubishi 6G72 for the GM auto trans

and I am building the Wide Block G54b Mitsubishi T 56 speed trans,

plus I am building a driveshaft machine and some motor mount designs

and i wanna design a new intake manifold for the 4g63

I have 2 starion conquest to build and a 57 Ford

But I gotta get it done before winter because I have to do all the bookkeeping work for 3 businesses plus personal for my accountants because it takes 6 months to get my tax work done

This will be compatible with 02-03 wrx right? If so put me on the list!

this would work with any ej motor and then some.

but keep in mind this is no bolt in kit. this is going to just be a way to hook your ej motor to a toyota tranny, the rest will be up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

finally, back to the Sub, the first thing I have to do is allow for shrink while casting, the number given is always 1% shrink when casted, but experience says to allow a little more then that

Subw55046.jpg

Subw55047.jpg

after the inside of the housing is spaced out, then each of the bolt bosses must be spaced out to get a center when machining the housing

Subw55048.jpg

you can see here by the outline how far the starter pocet will move at about 2% casting

Subw55050.jpg

I like to use a 1 in diameter bolt boss so I have a lot of material for the bellhousing bolts to grip

Subw55051.jpg

then each bolt boss needs to be built with about a 3% taper so the pattern will draft

Subw55052.jpg

Subw55053.jpg

then all the bolt bosses are welded in place

Subw55054.jpg

I will finish this project this week, then have it sent to casting next week

Subw55055.jpg

I trimmed out the outer ridge on the existing housing so I could build in the draft line for casting

subtoyadaptor75.jpgsubtoyadaptor76.jpg

then I filled in the last two panels in the housing

subtoyadaptor78.jpgsubtoyadaptor79.jpg

subtoyadaptor80.jpgsubtoyadaptor81.jpg

subtoyadaptor82.jpgsubtoyadaptor83.jpg

Then I cut strips of aluminum and welded them on the interior side of the housing, its a way to control the wall thickness, I can be a little off with it on the thick side but it will not be thinner then this thickness through out

subtoyadaptor84.jpgsubtoyadaptor85.jpg

then I added an outer trim ring, this will give me a datum line to fill the outer wall to size, you can never have enough clamps when welding >;o)

subtoyadaptor87.jpgsubtoyadaptor88.jpg

thats what im saying hince the "new car project"

nice, :banana:

everyone likes new projects.

funny to base a car around a bell housing that isn't made yet, but i know at least me and monstaru have stuff sitting in the garage waiting ever so calmly, sitting on our hands trying not to get to excited with each and every picture that he posts up. :grin:

nice, :banana:

everyone likes new projects.

funny to base a car around a bell housing that isn't made yet, but i know at least me and monstaru have stuff sitting in the garage waiting ever so calmly, sitting on our hands trying not to get to excited with each and every picture that he posts up. :grin:

it almost makes me want to puke i am so excited.........