Ultimate Subaru Message Board

W series Toyota trans adaptors

bill hincher

so theses will work with the w58? if so ill be interested for sure

these will work with either the W series 55 through59 non turbo Toyota trans OR the pre 93 short shaft R 150 and R 151 Toyota trans, both using the original Sub flywheel, pressure plate, starter and clutch fork with a supplied throw out bearing

subtoyadaptor100.jpgsubtoyadaptor101.jpg

subtoyadaptor102.jpgsubtoyadaptor103.jpg

subtoyadaptor11.jpg

subtoyadaptor104.jpgsubtoyadaptor105.jpg

we will think of somethin

Edited by bill hincher

I have a W56 sans tcase and RX trans sitting right next to each other out on the slab. I should line them up and take a similar picture....

i'm thinking the shifter would be close to the same spot, but then you would have a transfer case hanging off the rump roast end.

but if you got it, do it.

there is another option for supra trannys. each succeeding generation the shifter got farther and farther back ending with this.

downloadfile-1.jpg

but i price one out once, yeah right around a grand. i'll figure out some sort of shifter before dropping that kind of dough.

01Subw55.jpg

the details are worked out, the wall thickness is ok and the draft angle is worked out on both sides of the housing, this should shrink about 1% and then I will test machine out a raw casting and it should all be good

subtoyadaptor106.jpgsubtoyadaptor107.jpg

03Subw55.jpg08Subw55.jpg

subtoyadaptor108.jpgsubtoyadaptor109.jpg

subtoyadaptor3.jpg10Subw55.jpg

subtoyadaptor110.jpgsubtoyadaptor111.jpg

subtoyadaptor8.jpgsubtoyadaptor10.jpg

subtoyadaptor112.jpgsubtoyadaptor113.jpg

It goes to the casting shop Monday

subtoyadaptor114.jpg

Edited by bill hincher

looks like christmas might come early this year. :grin:

I will probably have the casting back in my hands within a week and a half, then tune that out and include the starter pocket, then the next run will be for delivery, so Cristmas is doable IF everything falls in place, how much snow did you guys get?

I will be building the remote shifter this next month

I will probably have the casting back in my hands within a week and a half, then tune that out and include the starter pocket, then the next run will be for delivery, so Cristmas is doable IF everything falls in place, how much snow did you guys get?

I will be building the remote shifter this next month

good times there. :)

no real snow to be excited about. the big stuff missed portland and went north.

i have been working on a remote shifter also. its all based on the subaru shifter, its not like probably the most beautiful thing, but it should work. but if you have better ideas, im all for seeing what you got going in your head.

good times there. :)

no real snow to be excited about. the big stuff missed portland and went north.

i have been working on a remote shifter also. its all based on the subaru shifter, its not like probably the most beautiful thing, but it should work. but if you have better ideas, im all for seeing what you got going in your head.

right now we are sitting on about 8 inches so far in spokane.cheers

Found another possible use for this. Depending on how this next year goes with us in Rally-America.

Challenge will be finding a suitable push-style clutch kit.

What do you mean suitable push style clutch kit?

Are you you talking tohold more power?

I know someone running ungodly kind of power via a push sytle clutch.

Its all about where you go and how they make it.

His is a duel diaphragm with a six puck, its not an easy slow take off but it holds all he puts to it.

Found another possible use for this. Depending on how this next year goes with us in Rally-America.

Challenge will be finding a suitable push-style clutch kit.

let me know on this and I will build a spacer plate so you can bolt the R 154 Supra turbo trans or the A 15 Jeep trans to this housing, plenty of strength for racing

ANY clutch build to suit the Subaru engine will work in this unit, just the spline in the disc needs to change, see Dan at compition clutch

let me know on this and I will build a spacer plate so you can bolt the R 154 Supra turbo trans or the A 15 Jeep trans to this housing, plenty of strength for racing

ANY clutch build to suit the Subaru engine will work in this unit, just the spline in the disc needs to change, see Dan at compition clutch

I will keep that in mind. as that will probably be a good idea.

there were 2 different styles of pressure plate. push and pull. the pivot on that bellhousing will only work with push-style. All turbo transmissions use a pull. so off-the-shelf clutch kits are mostly the other kind. There are options, just not a ton.

We'll see. a lot of other things have to happen first...

there were 2 different styles of pressure plate. push and pull. the pivot on that bellhousing will only work with push-style. All turbo transmissions use a pull. so off-the-shelf clutch kits are mostly the other kind. There are options, just not a ton.

No really how much power you thinking you goiing to make that push style clutch isn't going to take?

Go over to legacy central and talk to red devil about his NA push style clutch in his twin charged legacy wagon.

You're thinking the pull style is a superior clutch pressure plate, its just a different style, and the NA push clutch can be made and for about the same money to hold damn near as much power as you think you can make.

you are correct about turbo pull style aplications, but on the LS 1 Chevy, they changed back to push style after trying pull style, its a cool idea, but not practical, kinda like reverse cooling

the pull style was also engineered around the main bearing , in particular the thrust main bearing, if you are going to change from push style to pull style you should be sure your crankshaft main thrust bearing will support the movement