Ultimate Subaru Message Board

W series Toyota trans adaptors

bill hincher

just a freindly reminder, that top engine mount bracket has been deleted, the reason it was there was for the FWD axles, as the front wheels rotated clockwise (forward ), the engine would try to move counterclockwise (backwards), with the new style trans, the engine wants to rotate horizonally in either the 4WD or the 2WD. so there was no need for that top mount , however, i would kinda like to add the cable clutch mount in the future

that's no problem my fab guy is just asking so im asking you.. i can do it:)

anyone know the motion of the movement of the tcase shifter? i might be able to install liner actuators (push button 4x4)

toyota tcase shifter pattern:

transfercaseshifter.1.1.jpg

you could use a twin stick setup, and then you'd only need movement in one dimension

twinShifter_02.jpg

twinShifter.jpg

is the clutch cable bracket on top of the trans all the same? from early years?

don't know how i missed this question.

yes they are. as far as i ever found all the EJ cable clutch brackets were the same.

i have the bracket on the tranny in the pic of the side by side.

just a freindly reminder, that top engine mount bracket has been deleted, the reason it was there was for the FWD axles, as the front wheels rotated clockwise (forward ), the engine would try to move counterclockwise (backwards), with the new style trans, the engine wants to rotate horizonally in either the 4WD or the 2WD. so there was no need for that top mount , however, i would kinda like to add the cable clutch mount in the future

i had to reread this like 5 times to figure out what you were talking about. the pitch stop is what you're talking about. :grin:

you are correct, about it purpose, it also was there on the AWD stuff too because the motor would still do the same thing even with also sending power to the rear.

i had to reread this like 5 times to figure out what you were talking about. the pitch stop is what you're talking about. :grin:

you are correct, about it purpose, it also was there on the AWD stuff too because the motor would still do the same thing even with also sending power to the rear.

I know what I ment >;o)))))))))))))))))))))) thats why I work alone, with my tools and my stuff, because nobody 'gets it' when I ramble on and on and on:lol::lol::lol:

id like to know when this will be availiable, and if it will come with the shifter adapter thingy

shifter 'thingy' ???????????????????????

my gawd man, thats a air cooled, manually operated,short throw diverter valve reloacter for crying out loud...........................'shifter thingy' :horse:

I am building a T 56 / 2 jz adapter right now plus the 2jz GM auto trans adapter......................so I am resting while mellow takes over for a while and tells me if he likes the unit or if changes needed to be made

i got all my bolts, well most of them, i have a motor sitting on a stand, the 2 should meet for the first time this weekend. then give me the better part of a day and i should have it mounted in the car i'm putting it in. running and driving, yeah, that's going to be a little bit longer. But I should be able to find any major hiccups with it if it has any.

I'll make sure to take pics as i go along. I'll also share my idea for a remote shifter, not that bills isn't awesome, but i'm not sure if it would work for me.

I also have a subaru tranny and dead motor core sitting around and i'll do some side by side shots.

even though i'm in the middle of packing to move at the end of the month i wont leave you hanging.

yeah you want to know where mellow is,

he's buried under a crap load of homework because all the teachers at my school are about to go on strike so they are trying to cram as much info into us before we end up with new part time (knowing nothing) teachers.

he's also working

he's also trying to get things in order to move at the end of this month

needless to say a little overwhelmed right now.

i'm still planning on grabbing a day or two here soon and mess around with this and see if i find any thing weird about it.

from what i can tell with all the messing around in your shop you did about as much testing as i'm going to get to do with it.

running and driving is still a ways away for me,

but i'll still report back my playing around.

i haven't forgotten anyone.

yeah you want to know where mellow is,

he's buried under a crap load of homework because all the teachers at my school are about to go on strike so they are trying to cram as much info into us before we end up with new part time (knowing nothing) teachers.

he's also working

he's also trying to get things in order to move at the end of this month

needless to say a little overwhelmed right now.

i'm still planning on grabbing a day or two here soon and mess around with this and see if i find any thing weird about it.

from what i can tell with all the messing around in your shop you did about as much testing as i'm going to get to do with it.

running and driving is still a ways away for me,

but i'll still report back my playing around.

i haven't forgotten anyone.

its called 'life' mellow or 'thats life'

let me explain.............you see.....life is a ***************.........and then you die!

and you will find that the word 'sypathy' is between '************' and 'syphlis' in the dictionary

who's looking for sympathy, you asked where i was, i told you. :grin:

now if my wife left me, my dog died and my truck was stolen and all were caused by my best friend, well then maybe i would ask for a little sympathy. :lol:

Well then you'd just be a country song :lol: (No offense to those who like

country, I enjoy it as well :))

Twitch

who's looking for sympathy, you asked where i was, i told you. :grin:

now if my wife left me, my dog died and my truck was stolen and all were caused by my best friend, well then maybe i would ask for a little sympathy. :lol:

never happen Mellow, you aint got no best freinds :banana::banana:

I just was riding your tail :grin:

I been building housings for a bunch of people and I got all the information on the subaru housinig I should need, it costs me about $2000.00 to run off 10 housings, so I have to rotate what I am doing, as soon as I get some money from other bellhousing sales I will do a casting run on the Sub's

I already ordered the throw out bearing tooling from the casting shop