Ultimate Subaru Message Board

W series Toyota trans adaptors

bill hincher

• 2 weeks later...

Bill all sassing aside, our bell housings can wait, you need to be by your lady, any woman that can put up with you for 41 years it beyond a keeper in my book. :)

take care of that lady, and make it back out to the garage when you can, our thoughts are with you.

dude really, give the man some time with his lady. he'll make it to the garage when he can. he loves it out there as much as the rest of us so i'm not worried he's just going to disappear.

umm, dude, really?this from a guy that already has his product.and doesna have to wait anymore.

i highly doubt that he is checking his "interwebs", and it is up to him to answer if he is.or if he does not want to.

it might be different if we lived in the same town and i was stopping by his shop to bug him....don't get your panties in a wad....:rolleyes:

cheers, b

Its all good, I spent some time building a work holder for this type of work for sanding and welding

subtoyadaptor217.jpgsubtoyadaptor218.jpg

subtoyadaptor219.jpg

subtoyadaptor220.jpg

these are the 3 sizes, the one on the far right is the first pattern, it was built at 3% larger scale and roughed in the shape, the middle one is the first real casting and then adjustments were made to the weight and shape for casting drafts and expected shrinkage, then the final pattern is built on the left, it is the result of all the other work

subtoyadaptor221.jpg

This is the final pattern, its built with no primer or body filler , its all aluminum so adjustments can be done after testing the first castings in the brigeport

subtoyadaptor222.jpg

subtoyadaptor223.jpgsubtoyadaptor224.jpg

I ordered 10 housings this week, i will be able to machine them out and send out next week

anybody that wants one can email me and i will get one out to you this next week

bill

japaneseauto1978@yahoo.com

419 367 1758 cell

Edited by bill hincher

the kit runs $425.00 that includes the housing , throw out bearing and throw out bearing collar plus shipping

I need to know what trans you intend to use before I can cut the housing, it can use either the W 55/59 Toyota trans in either 2wd or 4wd or it can use the R 151 & 150 Toyota trans in either 4wd or 2wd

They will all be machined to use the 8 bolt engine bolt pattern

i did get a chance to get it all bolted up and got to play with it for part of a day.

i have plotted out my motor and tranny mounts for my car that i'm putting it in, but i just ran out of time. i had about 2 weeks to be out of my place, so now everything from my garage is crammed in the back of my box truck waiting for me to get time to start doing stuff with it.

the move went off just fine, i'm crammed in a small little room with my cat for the time being, just taking it one day at a time.

i need some dry days to get the area where i'm putting my trailer i'm going to live in for the next, god only knows years.

it's all coming together, sadly the garage time has taken a back seat to it all right now.

IMG_20110417_143400.jpg

IMG_20110417_144802.jpg

i am absolutely stoked i cant wait to see my subaru.. estimated 30" of clearance this adapter will allow it to sit on its own and ill have pics once it does.. its on the frame right now..

anyways i cant wait to get mine

bill your a lifesaver

i hope all is well.

so do i need to order this as well? id like the shifter(s) to come through in the stock location:)

there are a lot of shifter locaters for the W series, but they all overcharge for the stuff they sell, I wanted something a little nicer for less money

I love under cutting the 'status quo' crowd

I have to finish out the shifter for the Starion crowd soon, so it will be there, I just got to work out a couple things on the 6G72 V6 with the C 4 auto trans right now while its still fresh in my mind

this is the casting shop where I have the patterns casted

subtoyadaptor225.jpg

they build core boxes from sand and resien and then pour the aluminum

subtoyadaptor226.jpg

then they are treated in a beader/ furnace to build in the hardness

subtoyadaptor227.jpg

subtoyadaptor228.jpg

there is the first batch

subtoyadaptor229.jpg

then I machine out all the raw castings

subtoyadaptor230.jpg

subtoyadaptor231.jpg